Custom made Shift Knob Anybody?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Custom made Shift Knob Anybody? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have an acquaintance who can machine a shift knob for the rex. He is looking to make some quantity ...

Re-Addicted to WRX tacomaboy138's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX

Custom made Shift Knob Anybody?

I have an acquaintance who can machine a shift knob for the rex. He is looking to make some quantity of these if there is any interest. THIS IS PRELIMINARY and I am trying to determine if there is any interest out there for this product! So reply to this accordingly. I am doing this in order to give the guy an idea of what people want and will not let this turn into an intake elbow fiasco as some of you might know about.
    2011 SWP WRX 4D
    07 MINI Cooper S... SOLD!
    03 WRX Wagon... SOLD!
    98 Toyota Tacoma...SOLD!

Jeremy Clarkson has my dream job.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

FYI, there are already a few knobs out there that are pretty good for the WRX, the first one that comes to mind being the Team Voodoo model. it's the same thread pattern as the Toyota MR Spyder (hence more likelihood for production), and works exceptionally well on the WRX, as well as just about every recent subaru except for the STi. that one we're still working on.
    s e t h
    "If you're going to live on the cutting edge, you'd better be prepared to bleed a little."
    Stink-Eye Mob #73, Hawkeye Alliance #667

Re-Addicted to WRX tacomaboy138's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    BUMP...anybody?!
    2011 SWP WRX 4D
    07 MINI Cooper S... SOLD!
    03 WRX Wagon... SOLD!
    98 Toyota Tacoma...SOLD!

Jeremy Clarkson has my dream job.

bambams247
    If I saw some pictures Id be ineterested.

Thumbs up

I contacted Team Voodoo about a shift knob for the WRX. here's the [quick] reply:

"Well, In a way, we already do make a knob for the WRX. The Toyota MR2 Spyder knob uses the same thread as the WRX (12 X 1.25mm). The problem is with the configuration of the stock shift lever and boot on the WRX...the lever is too long for the MR2 knobís neck to reach down to the WRX boot, leaving a gap between them. WRX owners who use a short shifter do not have this problem. You might ask around on your mailing list for an owner who already has a Voodoo Knob and what his experience has been. There are some out there."

so, anybody out there confirm that there is an acceptable gap with a Kartboy short shifter and a Voodoo knob? if so, I'm all over one.

gabe

oops, sorry for the post hijack...
    Last edited by Mr Kleen; 04-05-2004 at 08:16 AM.

i have used it with and without the short shifter and it works fine either way. problem is that it won't work on the STi. so i'm sitting on it until i either sell it or modify it on a lathe to work around the STi's reverse boot.
    s e t h
    "If you're going to live on the cutting edge, you'd better be prepared to bleed a little."
    Stink-Eye Mob #73, Hawkeye Alliance #667

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.