Factory security system not working

This is a discussion on Factory security system not working within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Background: My father and I did a complete stereo system (receiver, speakers, amp, & sub) install on my 02 WRX ...

Angry Help! Factory security system not working

Background: My father and I did a complete stereo system (receiver, speakers, amp, & sub) install on my 02 WRX a couple of months ago. I had the upgraded security system installed on my car as an option when I bought the car.

Problem: The security system worked before the intall but after only the keyless entry does. Also the lights no longer flash either but the horn still chirps when I lock and unlock the car. What did my Dad and I do? I know that we didn't cut anything that we weren't suppost to but is there any wiring harnesses that need to connected or unconnected in order for the security system to work again. I vaugely recall my Father asking what these connectors were for (he found them unconnected by the passinger's footwell IIRC) I didn't know and I think he reconnected them. Could this be it? Any way any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ken
    Last edited by Xwing; 08-12-2003 at 06:43 AM.