04 seat's side blosters being crushed by overweight friend!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 04 seat's side blosters being crushed by overweight friend! within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hmmmm well my friend is overweight and I noticed when he gets out of my rex he sides on the ...

04 seat's side blosters being crushed by overweight friend!

hmmmm

well my friend is overweight and I noticed when he gets out of my rex he sides on the right side bloster then gets out. I noticed today the side bloster is getting squished down and has a crease in it now. Is this repairable? Should I politely ask him to sit in the backseat?
    man I dunno what to do.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

how overweight are we talking here?

he's prob 5'7 and greater than 200 lbs!
    It's prob not just his weight but how he gets out of the car, he is really out of shape. He can't step out without turning 90 degrees, sitting on the side blooster for a while then standing up.

He gonna join the gym with me soon, I'm gonna turn him from flabby to stone

I vote for having him sit in the back seat... better weight distribution too. j/k

Sorry dont think your problem is fixable. What do you mean by a crease? Not something you can iron it out right?
    :the quest to be a better driver
    ::the relentless search for untamed twisties

if you can't call him a fat bastard and tell him to stop f'ing up your seats - make him drive himself!!

I was about 265 lbs and never trashed mine.
    I am about 225 lbs today and headed for 198 lbs.

I suggest getting a new friend. There's no excuse for this. I'm a bit over 6' and around 225 lbs, and cause absolutely no visible extra wear on the seat. I might be in a bit better shape than your friend though.

So in closing, quit making friends at Krispy Kreme.
    Mmmmm Kitty,,, the other red meat.

Please note: no cats were harmed in any way during the making of this post. But there is always later.

Oh - better add that in - I am 6' tall!

heh well i bet you guys don't sit right on the dang bloster! I mean most people should be able to bend their legs and get up without sitting on it, but my friend sits right on it and gets out! Heck he uses it to leverage himself out!

No I don't think it can be fixed with an iron. It's the metal/plastic being bent. I hope it's not permanent!!

I think we'll just be taking his car from now on.

Thumbs down

These seats suck, ive had my car for 1 month and the fabric on the seat is all messed up just from me sitting on it, its getting all freyed. looks like ive taken a wire brush to it.
    '04 Silver Sedan 5spd
    Mods: HKS Bov, Blitz dual TT, JoeP MBC,Godspeed up-pipe, gutted downpipe, STI Hoodscoop.

damn! 1 month and all those mods already :-D
    so how is your HKS bov? I'm really tempted to buy it.
    Does it go off too much like at low RPM for you?

Originally posted by MrFeebs
    These seats suck, ive had my car for 1 month and the fabric on the seat is all messed up just from me sitting on it, its getting all freyed. looks like ive taken a wire brush to it.

They put the handle on the trunk for a reason. stuff him in there.
    No one will truely be free until nerd persecution ends.

Red face

it's a seat, made to be sat on.. it's kinda like worrying about having a crease in your new nikes. Man, if your so worried about it, take the metal bar from under the seat that holds the side suports so atleast it'll give when fatso gets in and outta the car it won't crease up. Telling your friend to sit in tha back seat is probably the meanest thing you could ever say to someone. Fat people know thier overwieght and for you to remind them that they don't fit in your seat will probably devastate thier self esteem. It's a freaking seat man, I'm pretty sure no ever notices that they have creases in your seats unless thier as anal about things as you are.

-alex

Originally posted by kit99bar
    damn! 1 month and all those mods already :-D
    so how is your HKS bov? I'm really tempted to buy it.
    Does it go off too much like at low RPM for you?
    What can I say...modding is like an addiction. I love the sound of the hks going off......when it goes off at a low rpm, you really cant even hear it...its pretty much a whisper until you really build boost.
    '04 Silver Sedan 5spd
    Mods: HKS Bov, Blitz dual TT, JoeP MBC,Godspeed up-pipe, gutted downpipe, STI Hoodscoop.

tell him to be careful, warn him... if not... back seat he goes...
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

This is so f'n funny just reading these replies. Fricken crackin up.
    WTF 5'7 200 lbs is not that fat.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.