Need Audio Help!!!!

This is a discussion on Need Audio Help!!!! within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi. I'm a moron. Please help. I decided to sell my OEM subwoofer, as I needed extra cash, and put ...

Need Audio Help!!!!

Hi. I'm a moron. Please help. I decided to sell my OEM subwoofer, as I needed extra cash, and put it on EBAY. It sold. I got it out, but had trouble getting the cord out. I found out how to dislodge the radio, and when I did, I saw that the sub cord's wires all went in to the main radio plug instead of its on plug. I matched the colors of the sub wires, to the plug, and cut them loose so that the EBAY winner could have the cord. However, when I did this, I accidently cut a grey line (with red stripes) that went from the far side of the radio to the middle of the radio plug (it looks like a main wire, sits right in the middle, with a white wire). I heard it might be the ground wire? The result was that the radio would not turn on. Anyway, I went to home depot and got some extra wire and tried to re-conenct the line. I don't know if my connection was weak or not but I still got nothing. I fooled around with it and then gave up. Then a day or two later I went to Wal-Mart and got more wire, connectors, clasps, etc. Again I tried to re-connect that main line (which as I said, ran from the main plug to the radio's side and ALSO to another separate main plug which floats behind the radio). Again no luck. To make matter worse, now my CLOCK will not come on, and my audible lock chirp will not sound. The door will also not lock automatically!!! I went to the fuses, replaced them, but still have no radio, no clock, and no automatic locking method. Why is ALL of this connected to the radio!? What in the world did I cut? Please someone, give me a tip. The wires are all messed up now. Maybe I can save and get a new system. If I do, could the new one mae my clock and alarm work? I'm such a moron for messing with it, but now I'm getting nothign and that's not cool. PM me, or respond here. I'm going out of town tomorrow but hopefully someone can leave me some help. THANKS!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

My advice is to put it back in and leave it alone. If you need some money, go sell some sperm or something.

Hope this helps.
    Mmmmm Kitty,,, the other red meat.

Please note: no cats were harmed in any way during the making of this post. But there is always later.

You can make alot of money selling plasma.
    No one will truely be free until nerd persecution ends.

WOW, great answers! No wonder so many people talk trash about this website. Luckily, on Wrxfanatics.com, someone was kind enough to link me to a map explaining what each colored wire was for. You mods need to clean up this site. Sweep away the garbage.

Originally posted by NoirWRX03
    WOW, great answers! No wonder so many people talk trash about this website. Luckily, on Wrxfanatics.com, someone was kind enough to link me to a map explaining what each colored wire was for. You mods need to clean up this site. Sweep away the garbage.
    Wow, great response. You need to learn how to be less touchy. Sorry I couldn't help you more. My rex didn't come with the upgraded sound system. It just seemed to me like a weird place to try and sacrifice for a few bucks.

But you want help so I'll help you out here, in the form of advice. Next time you plan on doing something like this, start a thread asking how to do it. Don't tear your car up first.

Oh, and I apoligize for the joking response. I just have a bizarre sense of humor and sometimes limited impulse control. Good luck with your project.

Please note: no cats were harmed in any way during the making of this post. But there is always later.

Looks like someone needs to develop a sense of humor.

Originally posted by pityr
    Looks like someone needs to develop a sense of humor.
    Yep, that's the problem you run into when you let women buy sports cars and try to work on them.

I'd'a never made that "selling sperm" suggestion if I had known it was a girl.

What about selling eggs or renting out your uterus? More money for sure! Not to mention the possibilities of renting other body parts...
    Is this extreme?
    Because I don't want to be a part of anything that's not extreme.

Originally posted by retrodog
    Yep, that's the problem you run into when you let women buy sports cars and try to work on them.
    Hey jerky, I'm a girl, I bought a WRX and I successfully work on my own car. You should see how nice my new shift knob looks. Installed it myself, that I did! Next, I'm considering an air freshener. I'm mod crazy.

(really...working on cars...isn't that what OTHER people are for? you give them money to do stuff you don't know how to do. but really, lay off dissin' girls in Rexes...you'll get your a$$ beat.)
    -----------------
    Jennifer - www.stinkykitty.com
    '04 Blue WRX Sedan - THE BLUE MEANIE! Grrrrrrrr, baby, grrrrrr!
    Cobb Stage 1. Fear me, pretty bunnies!

Wow, Im an ass but i still wouldn't have said that. Theres nothing sexier than a woman that can work on her own car.

Knowing she was a woman wouldn't have changed my coment any

Originally posted by jennifer
    Hey jerky, I'm a girl, I bought a WRX and I successfully work on my own car. You should see how nice my new shift knob looks. Installed it myself, that I did! Next, I'm considering an air freshener. I'm mod crazy.[/b]
    Ok, are you a girl or not???

(really...working on cars...isn't that what OTHER people are for? you give them money to do stuff you don't know how to do. but really, lay off dissin' girls in Rexes...you'll get your a$$ beat.)
    Chill out chickadee. I was just yankin his/her chain. But you're welcome to come kick my ass any time you want. Do I have to pay extra for that???

Edit: Oh, I see you're in Houston. Same here. If you make it down to Clear Lake some time, I'll check out your shift knob and air freshener.
    Last edited by retrodog; 08-18-2003 at 06:48 AM.

Re: Need Audio Help!!!!

Originally posted by NoirWRX03
    Hi. I'm a moron.
    04 JBP
    Stock - they are watching.

Chill out chickadee. I was just yankin his/her chain. But you're welcome to come kick my ass any time you want. Do I have to pay extra for that???

Yes, you do have to pay extra for that. Although the first ass-kicking could be on the house, seeing as it's just fun times!
    -----------------
    Jennifer - www.stinkykitty.com
    '04 Blue WRX Sedan - THE BLUE MEANIE! Grrrrrrrr, baby, grrrrrr!
    Cobb Stage 1. Fear me, pretty bunnies!