Best place to buy stereo equipment online?

This is a discussion on Best place to buy stereo equipment online? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I did a search and could not come up with any good suggestions. Anybody have some good links? Cheap and ...

Best place to buy stereo equipment online?

I did a search and could not come up with any good suggestions. Anybody have some good links? Cheap and reliable with quick shipping. I am looking for a Alpine CD Head Unit, not for my WRX, its for my Jetta.

Thanks in advance for any links.

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

www.crutchfield.com

Apparently they are a bit more expensive, but customer service/quality is great.

check out the sticky at the top on car audio vendors. Its got some great links. I too am looking for an alpine head unit, ikesound has the 9807, which plays mp3 also, for pretty cheap. Crutchfield is by far the best for customer service tho.

I am worried about Ike's, they have a lot of negative feedback on ebay, as well as TONS of positive. But they did have a great price on a couple of models I was looking at.

I am aware of crutchfield, I basically wanted somebody like them, that I could trust, that will not be $50-100 overpriced.

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

sendig you a PM

thats the one thing about Ikes, I am a little unsure about them. but damn do they have great prices. anyone here ever dealt with them?

I always use:

Etronics.com

Buy.com
    2002 Aspen White WRX
    Short Throw Shifter
    Blitz Dual Turbo Timer
    Prodrive axleback
    Cobb Stage 1
    ***SOLD***

2003 BMW M3 Black on Black

Etronics has some great prices. I think I will be going with them.

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

I like them because you can track your order all the way through the entire process. It however takes about 12 hours before you can track it. Great place, I have had no problems with them.
    2002 Aspen White WRX
    Short Throw Shifter
    Blitz Dual Turbo Timer
    Prodrive axleback
    Cobb Stage 1
    ***SOLD***

2003 BMW M3 Black on Black

I like www.sounddomain.com since they are an authorized dealer for many manufacturers. Etronics is not, but I bought my sub-woofers from them anyway since they were so inexpensive. I've purchased a few items from sounddomain and I have been very happy.
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!