momo race airleather shift knob - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on momo race airleather shift knob within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; The special Subaru momo knobs are only made in half alum. and half leather....

The special Subaru momo knobs are only made in half alum. and half leather.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by WRXJunky
    The metal get hot as a mother *&%&($%. Get all Leather. Here is my set up.
    Still trying to find this knob with the "MOMO Rally" badge on it. I can find the plain ole Momo Race Airleather, but not a unit like WRXJunky has. Does anyone know where to find this? My car is dieing for one... Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:
    Cobb stage II, Kartboy SS, SPT Catback, Cobb DP, WL Sways, Perrin/AVO Endlinks, Conti DWS

Previous rides:
    99 Civic Si (RIP), 2004 WRX, 2006 STI

Originally posted by jamie007
    Still trying to find this knob with the "MOMO Rally" badge on it. I can find the plain ole Momo Race Airleather, but not a unit like WRXJunky has. Does anyone know where to find this? My car is dieing for one... Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    WRXjunky's knob has the momo ITALY logo which is momo's new logo replacing the former arrow logo that matched our steering wheels. Sorry to inform you that it isn't momo RALLY. If you order a momo Race Airleather from any vendor now, it'll have that logo. You can only find the old logo'd knob from user who are selling them. I have two

That would work too, do you know where he got it?
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:
    Cobb stage II, Kartboy SS, SPT Catback, Cobb DP, WL Sways, Perrin/AVO Endlinks, Conti DWS

Previous rides:

great I'll check it out, thanks for clearing that up for me, I've been going nuts trying to find something that doesn't exist.
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:

Previous rides:

Cheapest is either Steve at Auto Innovations or Subydude.

Subydude:
    http://www.subydude.com/parts/details.php?80

Auto Innovations' Thread on nasioc:
    http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...ight=momo+knob

Originally posted by MacGomez
    I was thinking of getting the Air leather MOMO as well, but the thing that keeps me thinking about that Kartboy instead is the fact that the MOMO uses set screws instead of threads. I've heard the set screws are a PITA compared to a threaded shifter like the Kartboy.
    I saw the momo shiftknob in my subaru catalog as a upgrade part.. It was for the -04 version but I doubt they are diffrent from the -02 version wrx.

It looks almost the same as the universal momo knob, but it looks like it have been extended a little in the bottom, looks like some kind of thread adapter if you ask me.. I think I will get this knob from my dealer soon.. If it fits I'll post it here
    Silver -02 Impreza WRX

Originally posted by Hank
    Cheapest is either Steve at Auto Innovations or Subydude.

Subydude:
    http://www.subydude.com/parts/details.php?80

Auto Innovations' Thread on nasioc:
    http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...ight=momo+knob

Right on! Thanks for the info, I just ordered mine from Steve, I also ordered the aluminum momo endurance boot from Sounddomain.com. I trying for the same setup WRXJUNKY has on page two of this thread. Does anyone have any experience with setup, of how to make it work? I'm kind of going blindly into this, I've searched but no real info on this same setup. I've heard of people buying an adapter on NASOIC, but with the aluminum boot I just ordered not sure if I'll need it.
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:

Previous rides:

Jamie - the momo boot will screw right into the momo knob. Install will be pretty easy. You'll have to make sure you punch the holes in the boot at the right locations so it'll look right. You can either make it sag (that pocket look of the stock boot) or manipulate the holes to where the boot will be more scrunched up instead of having it sag. I have the the momo boot and knob combo. I didn't get the endurance ring - my boot is just held up with rubber bands and it looks perfect!!! Have fun and post here if you have any more questions

Hank,
    Thanks for all the helpfull info, I recieved my Momo knob a few days ago from Steve, and my endurance adapter the following day. I did what WRXJUNKY did and cut the top of my boot off and I used a string to attach the boot to the adapter. The only problem was, since I cut the top of the boot my seams started coming apart I was kind of in a hurry so I used some carefully placed duct tape to keep it together (Yes it's ghetto). Seemed to work good however when I installed it, it is not totally "uniform" around the adapter. So probably this weekend I will remove it and use my skills I learned in 7th grade home ec, to sew it back together.

I do have a few gripes, since I am very picky especially when it comes to my car. First of all I really like the new Momo Italy logo, and it looks awesome in my ride However, the aluminum trim piece that comes with the knob no longer has Momo etched into it like last years model. I also ordered the adapter from Sound Domain (pictured below) which also is supposed to say Momo on it as well, but it doesn't Maybe I'm too picky but I paid $18 for a plain aluminum ring, is momo getting cheap or something? I probably wouldn't have bought it if I had known this. Overall it does look great, a huge improvement over OEM.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails momoadapter.bmp  
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:

Previous rides:

Jamie - sorry to inform you of this, but momo did away with the etched "momo" logos on their aluminum rings. Don't know what their motive was. The guy at momo USA told me that they wanted to go with something new. I hope you get your momo stuff to your satisfaction soon...

Originally posted by Hank
    Jamie - sorry to inform you of this, but momo did away with the etched "momo" logos on their aluminum rings. Don't know what their motive was. The guy at momo USA told me that they wanted to go with something new. I hope you get your momo stuff to your satisfaction soon...
    Those Bastards!!! Something new or something cheaper? What's the use of having MOMO stuff if it doesn't say MOMO on it. It's all good, I'll get over it. Thanks again for being so informative, people like you is what makes this site so great!
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:

Previous rides:

Yeah...momo wanted to go with something new/look. It's called CHEAP!!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234