SIRIUS or XM

This is a discussion on SIRIUS or XM within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Just bought a 2002 WRX wagon and have quickly decided that the stereo has GOT TO GO!! I think I ...

Question SIRIUS or XM

Just bought a 2002 WRX wagon and have quickly decided that the stereo has GOT TO GO!!

I think I am going to do a single CD / MP3 head unit with satellite, but I can NOT decide which satellite company to go with.

If you had to choose one, which one and why?

quality and longevity (as in of the company) are important,

Thanks!

KK
    Suffer ignorance and smile; be yourself no matter what they say.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

depends how much you like commercials - SIRIUS has a lot more commercial free.

Depends on what kind of music you listen to. XM hard rock/metal/rap stations have no ads. Hit stations have ads. But it's limited to 3 minutes an hour.

I think the XM selection of music is better ,looking at both play lists. I think the Sirrus talk selection is better.

I went with XM as you can probably tell. Right now, they have a larger subscriber list and more affiliations with auto makers (GM) and rental car companies (Avis) which should help to keep them around for the long run. Don't know about the competition.

As a side note, good idea getting the satellite radio as part of HU. I have the Delphi Skyfi, and mounting it has been a freaking nightmare. Finally broke down and bought a $40 flexible mount that attaches to the bolt on lower left side of the passenger's seat.