My new stereo with PICS!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on My new stereo with PICS! within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just installed my new Pioneer Head Unit. I know everyone has read this before, but until you hear it ...

My new stereo with PICS!

I just installed my new Pioneer Head Unit. I know everyone has read this before, but until you hear it you will not know what everyone is talking about! I know I didn't!

It is seriously amazing the difference a new head unit makes!!! I still have stock speakers (NOT upgraded from Subaru either). The sound quality is just phenominal!!!! I urge you... if you enjoy music even the littlest bit... go out and get a new head unit. YES even with stock speakers it makes a difference words cannot explain!

I have some sony speakers waiting to be installed soon too, I am anxious to hear how new speakers will sound with it!!!

Here are some pics:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img_1301.jpg  
    " I sell ice in the winter, I sell fire in hell "

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I plan on putting in a Legacy din pocket eventually. The one I have now will due though.

edit: Thay yellow thing is a pack of gum in the pocket.

A pic of it turned on.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img_1307.jpg  

What I have waiting to be installed:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img_1311.jpg  

Lit up
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img_1307.jpg  

What I have waiting to be installed:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img_1311.jpg  

Looks great
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

Ew, you're gonna put in Sony Xplod speakers? The deck looks cool. What model Pioneer is it? I have the 8400MP in my car. I know that with the stock speakers I also noticed a substantial difference in sound quality after I added the new CD deck.
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

zipity here, zipity there, i'm zipity everywhere...

Re: My new stereo with PICS!

Originally posted by 2point0

It is seriously amazing the difference a new head unit makes!!! even with stock speakers it makes a difference words cannot explain!

word to that, when i put my alpine in, i was amazed at the difference too. then you want new speakers...and a new amp for them...then a sub...then you start worrying about sound qualty...so you get some Dynamat... seriously 2point0, you just got yourself started down a long road, that never quite seems to truly end. enjoy it
    i'm bombin' uppercut swipes
    as my knuckles ignite
    more strikes
    than a teachin' staff's
    fights for pay hikes

generally speaking, the #1 audible impact you can make on a system is with speakers. and amp or good head will generally make the #2 difference, depending on the quailty of each. of course a sub brings in the low end that 6" speakers just physically can't do. imaging is key, too - in my car, i don't even run rear speakers, because when taller people drive the car, the front seats actually overlap the rear speakers. therefore, they sound really muddy, and i just use the subs in the trunk to "fill in" the rear of the cabin. then again, now that i think about it, "fill in" is a buncha crap too it's all about imaging, and if you don't know what i mean by that, think about it like this - when you go to a concert, where's the sound; in front of you, in stereo, or behind you?
    s e t h
    "If you're going to live on the cutting edge, you'd better be prepared to bleed a little."
    Stink-Eye Mob #73, Hawkeye Alliance #667

Originally posted by Th3Franz
    Ew, you're gonna put in Sony Xplod speakers? The deck looks cool. What model Pioneer is it? I have the 8400MP in my car. I know that with the stock speakers I also noticed a substantial difference in sound quality after I added the new CD deck.
    I have xplods. They're totally sufficient, especially if you want something that fits without any trouble and costs less than $100. I have the stock HU and it sounds MUCH better with the crap-ass stock paper speakers removed.

Speaking of which, if anyone wants stock speakers, i have a set for REALLY cheap.

that brings an interesting point, too. i had an '04 WRX that i was using just til my STi came in, and i must admit, i beat those upgraded stock speakers silly. i used a very good head unit with crossovers so the speakers didn't see too much low frequency, but still. they didn't deserve to last. they did. so, although they're not ideal, if you amp and HU the stock speakers properly, you won't be too terrible disappointed with the results. i just suggest that as a way to save a little money, but i stand by my previous statement about speakers having the #1 impact on a system.
    s e t h
    "If you're going to live on the cutting edge, you'd better be prepared to bleed a little."
    Stink-Eye Mob #73, Hawkeye Alliance #667

Yeah I got a really good deal on the Sony's. The fronts are components. I have never been disappointed with any sony products before so...

I got the speakers in a deal I could not refuse. I will let you know how they sound.

The head unit is deh-P5500. Sorry about posting two of the same pics... my computer was being crazy!

Ahh yes, I love good head.

I like my Pioneer P7400 except for one thing... the amount of time it takes to skip between MP3 tracks.. over 5 seconds.

Everyone, please post what MP3 player you have and how long it takes to skip. Thanks

I cant believe that youre gonna use sony audio products, they are garbage. Not a fan of pioneer either but it looks cool with the silver on silver.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.