Dumb shift knob question
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Dumb shift knob question within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Let me preface this by saying I know nothing about doing sh!t to cars. I'm a girl, I like to ...

Dumb shift knob question

Let me preface this by saying I know nothing about doing sh!t to cars. I'm a girl, I like to drive fast, I like sexy cars. But I'd like to get a fabulous new shift knob. Do I need any tools to get the shift knob off and install a new one or is it as simple as screwing the stock one off and a new one on? I haven't tried to unscrew anything yet; it's a new Rex and I don't want to **** anything up.

Also, anyone have a good site to find cool shift knobs? I want to find one I like and maybe seek it out on eBay to save some $$$.
    -----------------
    Jennifer - www.stinkykitty.com
    '04 Blue WRX Sedan - THE BLUE MEANIE! Grrrrrrrr, baby, grrrrrr!
    Cobb Stage 1. Fear me, pretty bunnies!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

It just unscrews. You will have to use a little force to get the shift boot off.

Prodrive and Momo both make nice knobs.

I am assuming you have a manual.

J
    Electronic music??? www.the1050mix.com

Like jaysp55 the stock knob just unscrews and you pop off the boot.

But not all aftermarket knobs screw back on. They're pretty easy to install nevertheless.

I know everybody has one, but I love my Momo Air Race Leather knob. Perfect match to the car.
    "You have a sunburn, mmm, like chokolada, ahhh, it's you, me and Pina Colada."

Re-Addicted to WRX tacomaboy138's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I am looking for a shiftknob as well...so far the kartboy looks like the best bang for the buck.
    2011 SWP WRX 4D
    07 MINI Cooper S... SOLD!
    03 WRX Wagon... SOLD!
    98 Toyota Tacoma...SOLD!

Jeremy Clarkson has my dream job.

I love my black prodrive shift knob, came all in one piece just screwed it on and attach the boot the the clip thing at the bottom of the shift knob. I remember reading awhile ago some momo ones you had to get an adapter or something to clip the boot back onto it.

My Mods

"The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel" - Koyokid RIP

Yes, my car is a manual...the horror of driving an automatic! *gasp!*

I was eyeing the Momo Air Race Leather knob in blue, but then I spied the silver/blue Prodrive knob and me likey! I think I'll probably get me one of those.
    -----------------
    Jennifer - www.stinkykitty.com
    '04 Blue WRX Sedan - THE BLUE MEANIE! Grrrrrrrr, baby, grrrrrr!
    Cobb Stage 1. Fear me, pretty bunnies!

I would steer clear of metal ones, can be mighty hot in the summer.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.