dark_rex: How do I stop the glovebox rattle?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on dark_rex: How do I stop the glovebox rattle? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; DR, You mentioned once that you fixed the glove box rattle. Mine's so bad on rough pavement that I can't ...

dark_rex: How do I stop the glovebox rattle?

DR,

You mentioned once that you fixed the glove box rattle. Mine's so bad on rough pavement that I can't stand it.

How did you stop this rattle?

My other interior woes now include a driver's side door armrest the pops the first time I take a hard right (pulling out of my driveway) and a right rear speaker that vibrates at a certain frequency (present in male talk radio hosts voices and solid at the end of a particular Bush song off of Sixteen Stone.) I might go to the dealership with the latest two. I'd be willing to bet the speaker is loose. I hope it's not blown. I'm going to be replacing my speakers soon, so I can probably fix both of these issues right away. I sure hope the assembly line dudes payed more attention to the rest of the car than they did to the interior.

-Jim

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

the bin works on a latch-catch principal. there is a square metal catch hook mounted to the dash, and an angled plastic spring loaded clip in the bin that pops over the latch. the latch when closed over shot the hook leaving room for the bin to rattle.

there was no way as i saw is to tighten the latch's spring or distance, so i just got a roll of black electrical tape and wrapped the catch hook to thicken it. took about 5 minutes, and she's been secure and dead quiet since.

oh, and it's practically invisible because the latch is black.

My other interior woes now include a driver's side door armrest the pops the first time I take a hard right
    i'm on that. i'll hopefully have it fixed this weekend. i'll post here with the answer. and i think the seatbelt clips rattle too. that should be cake though. the back dash rattle can be stopped with regular weather stripping. i'm not dynamatting my trunk now, only the doors. the a pillar rattle on both sides was too much. i couldn't figure it out, so i had the dealership secure them, and they've been quiet since about three weeks ago.

dR

where the ***** have you been plat? speaking of invisible...
    Last edited by dark_rex; 03-21-2002 at 05:21 PM.

hhmmm...

I'm not sure that is my rattle. My glove box closes pretty tightly. Could be though, I'll have ot investigate.

I've been around this week and last week. The week before that I was in Las Vegas playing from M-F. I won about $80 playing single deck black jack at NY, NY. This is my total winnings. I lost $100 in 20 minutes playing 6-deck the first time. I also covered my stupid slot-machine losses when I put $0.75 change from souverniers in a slot machine. Half hour later it was $30.50. The slot monkeys were eying up my machine. I got up and the guy next to me was all over it. It just really liked giving me money. I hate slot machines and video poker. They are a huge waste of time. BJ is my game. If you play the right strategy, you WILL win. Of course, not having to count cards because it's a single deck is SUPER SWEET.

-Jim

single deck stinks. bring on the shoe!!!!

i'm big with BlkJk too. simple counting and basic statistics is all you need to win. oh, and about $500 to play with.

i usually risk it and go in with less (like two hundred) and do okay, but you'll need to make it through 6 shoes for the odds to REALLY be in your favor for sure. that's when the odds start producing.

well done. if that's not your rattle. you're on your own, but i bet that's what it is.

dR

Hey Jim, did you ever figure out the glovebox rattle? Mine is really loud, and it goes away if I leave the glovebox open.

Also looking for a fix for the rear seatbelt height adjuster rattle.

Nah, I just made my engine louder. I don't notice interior stuff any more.

-Jim

My speakers rattle at certain frequencies too. But I think it's just the plastic around them. I plan on putting dynamat around each speaker. I'm hoping it helps...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.