Autometer Mounting Cup Question

This is a discussion on Autometer Mounting Cup Question within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; How would I mount my Autometer mounting cup to the steering column? It only came with these 2 screws. Am ...

Question Autometer Mounting Cup Question

How would I mount my Autometer mounting cup to the steering column? It only came with these 2 screws. Am I suppose to just drill 2 holes, and screw it in there? Also, does your boost gauge fit completely into the mounting cup? My Autometer boost gauge has these 2 long screws sticking out the back and seems to hit the back of the mounting cup. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I used this cup to mount my Greddy boost gauge to the steering column shroud. I just took the shroud off and drilles some small starter holes for the mounting base. I also stuck a thin sheet of rubber in between the base and the plastic shroud so that it would not squeak.

As far as the cup goes, I ditched the cup part and just used the clamping ring since the Greddy gauge I used was too big for the cup. The Greddy guage is intended to be a tension mount, and has no studs on the back of it, so the depth was not an issue. The problem was the diameter of the guage was too large for the cup.

-the_bear

Thanks, so did you just use the 2 sharp screws that came with the cup to mount it to the column? Seems like it might be too long and hit something under the column cover, or is there some kind of mounting clips?

I have the autometer cup w/ gauge mounted on my steering column.

Yeah, you're suppose to drill two holes and the rubber dampener is also what I did too.

I regret using that cup mount. The brackets are big and cumbersome and I really wished I got something more descreet. no one will ever mistake it for stock...

It's probably too late if you already bought the cup, but you might consider the Vdo cup..same price (I think that one was more descreet).

Just my opinion after staring at that bracket for 1 year.

Hg.
    '02 Plat. Wagon, Manual