cup-holder stuck...

This is a discussion on cup-holder stuck... within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; yup... I push it, but it does not come out. for some that may be a good thing since no ...

cup-holder stuck...

yup...

I push it, but it does not come out.

for some that may be a good thing since no self respecting car enthusiast would place a beverage right above the stereo to spill all over the center console...

but we all know that removing the cup-holder is the best way to remove the center console. It got stuck after the last time I removed it to get at the center console. I'm thinking one of the wires from something I installed may be jamming the mechanism. Should I just use brute force or does someone have a better idea?

dan.
    '02 Plat. Wagon, Manual

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I dunno all I remember is when it was cold out the lil bastard didn't want to open now matter how I agitated it. I dunno if there was some soda spilled in there or what. I just think that cupholder rides the shortbus.

Yeah.. what a dumb design. Are there any aftermarket cup holders to put in a better location so I have no chance of spilling on my expensive CD deck?
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

You just gotta jimmy it out, the cupholder most likely needs to be cleaned out, mine was stuck very bad for a while.

Re: cup-holder stuck...

Originally posted by QuickSilver
    yup...

I push it, but it does not come out.

for some that may be a good thing since no self respecting car enthusiast would place a beverage right above the stereo to spill all over the center console...

but we all know that removing the cup-holder is the best way to remove the center console. It got stuck after the last time I removed it to get at the center console. I'm thinking one of the wires from something I installed may be jamming the mechanism. Should I just use brute force or does someone have a better idea?

dan.
    Should a "self respecting car enthusiast" really care about cup holders to start with? I just got back from a two week business trip in Europe and none of the cars I rode in even had cup holders(BMW, Audi, Peugeot, Citroen, and even a couple Skodas, all MY2000+)

But then again I didn't see a place to get a big gulp.
    Drag racing? I like my racing to last longer than the average orgasm...

I Support ClubWRX
    True about Europe and cup holders; I keep a car there for summer use and it doesn't have a cup holder... But you can buy that neat "gyro" thing that attaches to a flat surface and uses bearings to keep the cup level as the car leans - very neat, very effective, and as the locals here would say, it "ownz, doodz..."

The best thing about European models is their lack of seatbelt buzzers.

Plus you can always buy bottled water from the stoplight vendors.

About the stuck cupholder - try some compressed air *carefully* or a razor blade, again being *very* delicate about it so you don't ruin anything.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Fiddle with the bottom of it. The piece that drops down might be stuck to the top part. Try and pull it down as you gentle pry it out. This kinda stuff is petty but aggravating Hope it pops out for ya.
    To the guys commenting on cars in europe: Your damn right
    We are a country that thinks its OK to eat when we drive. People in europe or asia never do that. I had a BMW with NO CUPHOLDER before my rex.
    See ya on the Parkway
    MODS

Re: Re: cup-holder stuck...

Originally posted by JTREX
    Should a "self respecting car enthusiast" really care about cup holders to start with?
    I need the cup holder to pull out so I can get to the screws holding in the center dash to install more "auto enthusiast' toys. I really could care less if I don't have a cup holder for the car...I don;t allow eating or drinking in the car...the rule has been fairly enforced for the past year.

Hg.
    '02 Plat. Wagon, Manual

I use my cup holders, as a matter of fact I even have the Forester cup holder mod for the back seats.
    Anyway mine got stuck, so when it was warm from sitting in the sun I was able to get my fingernail under there just enough to pry it loose. I took it off and cleaned all that dried soda that had turned to a glue like substance and it works fine again.

North New Jersey, School at Susquehanna University in Pennsylvania (Rt 287, Rt 78, Rt 22, Rt 80)
    I have a question. I took out my cup holder to do a dash mod. But now i cant seeem to put it back in. I try to push it in but it seems to get stuck...i truely tried for about 30 min. None of my friends can either.. HELP!

If i cant get it back in i will put foam there and mold it to place a turbo timer, seen it done a couple times and it looks hot. Plus i dont even use it so i guess its not that important.

Thanks
    Tom Weeks
    -My name is Tom not Jack

Check profile for mods

"I wanted to put a bullet between the eyes of every panda that wouldn't screw to save its species" Fight Club