New Gauges - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on New Gauges within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; happasaiyan, what is that yu have under yur headunit?...

happasaiyan, what is that yu have under yur headunit?
    My Mods w/ Pics

13.57 @ 100.9 mph

UCF Car Club

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

defi-link control unit - I have mine in the glove box

i was lookin at the Defis and was wonderin what all was included in the parts yu got, or did yu buy everything seperately, and if yu got the Defi-Link Display
    My Mods w/ Pics

13.57 @ 100.9 mph

UCF Car Club

The gauge comes with everything except that hood thing that is in some pics. Doing the install as I did - you have it all, sensor and all.
    The link unit is required and comes with the rest of what you need.

I did not get the display unit

and that was $1100?
    My Mods w/ Pics

13.57 @ 100.9 mph

UCF Car Club

I think the $1100 price tag was for 3 gauges, the link unit and the defi pod.

I paid about $220 for my EGT and $100 for the link unit.
    There are two types of defi-link gauges. The bog standard ones and the BF - the BF are more expensive and black out completely when off.

what guages would yu say were most important, i dont need a boost guage cuz i have the EVC with display which is the boost guage, I was thinking, oil pressure, EGT, and water temp. What do yu think?
    My Mods w/ Pics

13.57 @ 100.9 mph

UCF Car Club

boost and egt - after that take your pic. Probably fuel pressure would be my third.

thanks a whole lot. Call up Defi and ask for some money, i think yu just made a sale. lol
    My Mods w/ Pics

13.57 @ 100.9 mph

UCF Car Club

there's a defi BF gauge group buy on www.nasioc.com

bambams247
    Originally posted by aussieinstlouis
    THis is not the BF Defi gauge - but very similar - this one does not black out when turned off.
    I like the 10 min install job.........recomend geting a guage pillar

bambams247
    Originally posted by 03WRXMA
    Get the Omori 60mm gauges. They are as 'bling' as the Defi, but they cost half the price, and are just as accurate
    Nice setup, I like that one alot!

Sorry for a noob question, what is the purpose of the controller unit for the Defi BF series guages? Is a controller unit needed for their D-series counterparts?
    :the quest to be a better driver
    ::the relentless search for untamed twisties

03WRXMA - Where did you get your pillar pod from? Did it come that color or did you have to paint it? I am looking for one that is that color but all i find is the dark color or black. If you painted it do you know exactly which color it was? Thanks!!
    Justin
    2003 Sonic Yellow
    NOT STOCK ANYMORE!!

Originally posted by Imprezaboy
    Sorry for a noob question, what is the purpose of the controller unit for the Defi BF series guages? Is a controller unit needed for their D-series counterparts?
    The Control Unit HAS to be used with the BF series. I am not sure about the other. Below is a list of the main features of the Control Unit.

Driving data can be stored and can be replayed up to 3 minutes(*1). Pause, speed play, forward, and rewind function can be applied during playback.

Double Warning function by a meter's LED lamp and a beep(*2)

The switch panel is embossed and buzzer sounds by pushing the buttons.

The characters and the rings on the switch panel are illuminated in white at nighttime. It makes operation in the dark easy.

Defi-Link Indicator(sold separately) can be connected to M-WARNING connector. The indicator blinks when any of connected meters' warning LED light.

Differential pressure between fuel pressure and turbo can be shown if both of fuel pressure meter and turbo meter are installed.(*3)

UP to 7 gauges among from Defi-Link Meters and Defi-Link Meter BFs and Defi-Link Displays can be operated with one Control Unit II. Microcomputers are equipped with meters and Control Unit II. A distant meter can be operated at hand. DAISY CHAIN connection can not be applied to connect Defi-Link Meters and Defi-Link Meter BFs. Please refer to CONNECTION CAPACITY on the left.
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.