safe to tap into fuse for rear wiper to power gauges?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on safe to tap into fuse for rear wiper to power gauges? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a sedan so this circuit is unused, is it safe to tap into the fuse to get +12 ...

safe to tap into fuse for rear wiper to power gauges?

I have a sedan so this circuit is unused, is it safe to tap into the fuse to get +12 switched power for my gauges? Thanks.
    '12 WRB Sedan

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

should be no problem at all - the wiper would draw a lot more current than your gauges

It probably is. I used "add-a-circuits" for gauges. Littlefuse makes tham and they are great.

Originally posted by MisterX
    It probably is. I used "add-a-circuits" for gauges. Littlefuse makes tham and they are great.
    Where do you find these? Pictures?
    '12 WRB Sedan

Auto Zone carries them. They plug into the fuse socket and allow you to preserve the original circuit and add a second fused circuit. NAPA has them too, but the price there is three times the competitors price. I think Pep Boys carries them too. I used them for gauges and a few other things. There are two sizes. You'll need the really small one. Take a fuse with you when you buy so you're sure to get the right one.

Here's the description. "This ingenious device allows quick and easy installation of additional accessories without the need for splicing. Includes installation instructions. Max rating: 10 amps."

And here's a pic.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails add-a.jpg  

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.