Tapping for power at the ecu
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Tapping for power at the ecu within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi guys, I already have the diagram for the pin-outs on the 2002 WRX ecu. I need to know which ...

Tapping for power at the ecu

Hi guys,

I already have the diagram for the pin-outs on the 2002 WRX ecu. I need to know which wire I should tap for 12V power when the ignition is on.

Anyone know? and want to share?

thanks,

dan.
    '02 Plat. Wagon, Manual

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Why are you tapping for power at the ECU??!

Based on the ECU pinout map i have, the ECu recieves 12V power through multiple lines. Since I'm cutting into the wires of the ecu anyway, I thought I could tap a power line as well. I know there are other sources, but it would be convenient not to have to pull off the center panel again (everytime I remove it, a nick or scratch happens).

anyone?

dan.
    '02 Plat. Wagon, Manual

your best bet is to go search with a multimeter, thats how I selected my power source, but I got mine on the driverside from the light switches and stuff..

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.