Zapix's WRX further evolved - Painted interior
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Zapix's WRX further evolved - Painted interior within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Easy to do this? Yeah... All you need is a screw driver, some fine sandpaper, 2 cans of spraypaint from ...

Zapix's WRX further evolved - Painted interior

Easy to do this? Yeah...

All you need is a screw driver, some fine sandpaper, 2 cans of spraypaint from home depot, and a few hours of free time.

More pics of this to come.

Also, for any thing else you see in the picture... Those are reverse indiglo gauges, and you can barely see the blue and black leather interior.

Also did the headlight mod...
    Zapix's WRX further evolved... Headlight mod
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dcp00263.jpg  
    Last edited by Zapix; 07-28-2003 at 12:33 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

once again..looks so hot..if i were to do my int. like that waht color would you suggest (my car is black)
    Float like a butterfly and sting like when I pee

as I said... red

especially if you're getting black/red seats as you mentioned. That'll add a sweet tone to the interior. Also under the circumstances, depending on how crazy you are... get an 04 gauge pod... red needles!
    PS3/360 ID: Zapix

MIA Western Mass Impreza Club / MIA Connecticut Impreza Club

My 2002 WRB WRX

2003 Northeast Subaru Impreza Club Regional Meet

nice... i painted mine red. you could also remove the bezel around the tach and speedo and paint that also... i did.
    '05 CGM Subaru Impreza WRX Mods
    '02 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX (sold)
    '94 Subaru Legacy Wagon L (daily)
    '90 Toyota Supra Turbo

mine came painted from the factory (my car is silver )
    My Car is 100% STOCK!
    Pics

Originally posted by platano
    At 14???
    shoot , I'd hit it at current age, on roof of the car, with cousin driving , neighbor and town priest in the back seat, and that kid from "N.Korea" riding shotgun.

Originally posted by BoostedBoxer
    mine came painted from the factory (my car is silver )
    W3RD
    -Ryan |Dub-Yuh Our Ex Ess Tee Eye| My Car

With that beautiful interior scheme, you still have the stock shift knob? You need a blue one pronto

chris
    Moderator: Retired
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 5MT - Road Rally - Best 1/4mi: 13.954 @ 97.36mph (3448 lbs)
    2001 Mazda Miata 5MT - AutoX #99 (NNJ Region SCCA 2005 CStock Champion)
    1988 BMW 325 (2.7L "i" conversion) Sedan 5MT - Daily Driver (AutoX soon!)
    "If you can't drive this car fast you can't drive fast." --British Magazine, CAR, on the WRX

From Sparco... Already have my eyes on it

oh yeah, I should note, I also have blue 'SUBARU' seatbelt covers from ebay in there now. $15 after shipping.

The interior is very... black and blue! much like the exterior!

I just need something to paint gold to match the wheels! I was thinking of a gold suit!

the other pics.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 17100020.jpg  

another
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 17100021.jpg  

last one
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 17100022.jpg  

Looks good. I like how the seats match with the color.

Sweet looking interior. Doesn't someone sell colored trim pieces?

Speedstars, thank you! I was guessing the color by eye. I knew it wasn't WRB, but it seemd deadly close to the leather. Being mindly color blind when it comes to telling shades of colors... Duh, you mean purple and violet aren't the same color?!? Anyway... I was pleased with the result

EMark, yes there is a color kit you can get from japanparts.com, however it costs an arm and a leg to get. We're talking at least $300, and it doesn't cover everything. Plus I've read those pieces are cheap, break, etc.
    So I decided to take it as an DIY at home. It's pretty easy. If anyone wants, I can write up a quick tutorial on it for people who are unsure about doing this with their car. So far, it's been on over a week. No cracks, chipping, or anything. However, I think I might pop it all out and clear coat it. Something I didn't do because I was rushing the project.

wrxgc, I was also thinking earlier... For the black car, you might want to go with a metallic red, instead of a flat red. Both would look good, but I believe with a black car, the metallic red would look a lot better. Something I wouldn't really suggest with any other color, except for maybe blue, and it would have to be WRB to match the car perfectly. No exceptions!

Also on a note... Normally, I would never do this to a car! Most color interiors I see are on Hondas, riced up cars, and maybe cars you would see at say... Hot Import Nights. However, take a look at the Audi TT, from the factory with it's maxed out color interior to match the exterior paint! It's insane! On the same level almost, except well... It's an Audi! Now... This is a Subaru! Not a Honda with a PepBoys muffler, and not a VW Bug w/AWD made by Audi. After seeing pictures of it done on NASIOC, I really liked it. Originally, I was going to get a $275 titanium interior kit (and no, not one of those ones on ebay!). I happened to like this more though. My father thought I was nuts, but even he thinks it looks good after seeing it. Obviously, can't expect everyone to like it. I like it though, which to me is all that matters. It is nice to see other people like it though!

HOTT !SH!

I like it.

-tp

ps: I agree, switch up the shift knob 4sure... paint the silver if you need to.
    Last edited by Teep; 07-29-2003 at 11:24 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.