running power wire
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on running power wire within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hey, i plan on running some 8 gauge power wire to the trunk, and i'm curious on where to run ...

zipity here, zipity there, i'm zipity everywhere...

running power wire

hey, i plan on running some 8 gauge power wire to the trunk, and i'm curious on where to run the wire through the firewall, i already used the hole that's there for the boost gauge for one wire, and i think that if i tried to stuff another one through there, it would pinch off the hose to the t-gauge. are there any other factory holes i can use?
    i'm bombin' uppercut swipes
    as my knuckles ignite
    more strikes
    than a teachin' staff's
    fights for pay hikes

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

there are two - the other is behind the intercooler and comes out near the heater on the drivers side

What power amp are you going to be running? I still think 8-gauge is too small to be used for anything but a ground or other short length in a car audio application.
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

??

theres a hole for the boost guage? i have my power wire and boost line throught the plug behind the intercooler..

wheres the other one? i sense its easier to get to..

Franz- i'm gonna be running the infinity basslink, and i'm pretty sure 8 gauge, maybe even 10 will be sufficient for the power.

Zccopwrx- the hole i'm talking about is the one where the stock boost gauge hose was routed through, just behind the intercooler on the driver side.

Aussie- so where exactly is the other hole. is it near the top or bottom of the firewall? and kinda near the center, or way off to the driver side?

sorry for all the ?s. thanks for the help guys
    as my knuckles ignite
    more strikes
    than a teachin' staff's
    fights for pay hikes

THe other hole is above the accelerator pedal on the firewall. YOu cannot see it from the engine bay. You have to use a straightened coat hanger to feed things through it!

The rubber bung is about 1.5-2 inches in diameter.

hhmmm, sorry for being such a ninny, but is that the same whole that the stock b-gauge hose runs through? because the power wire i have coming through right now comes into the cabin right about there, above the gas pedal, and to the right a little bit. thanks
    as my knuckles ignite
    more strikes
    than a teachin' staff's
    fights for pay hikes

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.