question for anyone who has the factory turbo/voltmeter/oil temp pod

This is a discussion on question for anyone who has the factory turbo/voltmeter/oil temp pod within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I don't know if I have a burned out bulb or what but my turbo boost gauge does not seem ...

question for anyone who has the factory turbo/voltmeter/oil temp pod

I don't know if I have a burned out bulb or what but my turbo boost gauge does not seem to illuminate as bright as the voltmeter or the oil temp gauges do. Do any of you guys have this problem? Or is it just the way the bulbs are positioned behind the gauge?
    2011 SWP Premium Hatchback
    Flapatax Mud Flaps
    Kartboy STS with front and rear bushings
    Cobb AP Stage 1 (for now)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

My turbo gauge is not illuminated as well as the other two either. I thought about taking it apart and repositioning the bulbs, but it's too much trouble.

-Jim

Thanks Jim, I don't mean to sound knit-pickey but I just got the car on Thursday and noticed it as soon as I turned the headlights on.
    Flapatax Mud Flaps

Umm.. Yeh. about the guage package. I have it too on my wrx, and noticed the same thing. The dealer already knew about it and said that it is not a defect, but that is the way ot was designed. The guage markings were actually painted on, and the bulb I thik is located in the top right corner of the pod. There is nothing that can be done about it without one self getting inventive with the wiring of the light bulb itself. One just has to grin and bear it
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Thanks jigga, I can live with it as long as I know it's normal.
    Flapatax Mud Flaps

Deja vu...

I told the dealer about it when I first got it installed and they said that it's a problem that can't be fixed at this time, but to check back when the next year's model comes out and they'll fix it. I have an extended warranty and if you're under 36K by then, I'd take it back and have it fixed. I like having "middle" dim, but that's not enough for the turbo gauge.
    Platinum sedan with:
    TurboXS Stage II - TurboXS unichip and downpipe and catback, Godspeed uppipe, TurboXS Type H BOV, silencer removed, carbon fiber dash kit (real), H&R springs, 17" Prodrive P1's Anthracite, Foglight mod with no Daytime, and 20% tint