Security Light
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Security Light within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Security Light on the dash flashing after UP/DP/Exh installed. I used to not have this. What could this be?...

Security Light

Security Light on the dash flashing after UP/DP/Exh installed. I used to not have this. What could this be?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Just making absolutely sure: You're talking about the red security light normally associated with the alarm? Not the check engine light? If so, sorry, no idea. If not, and you meant the CEL, have the code pulled and post it. Could be the usual CEL expected when you don't compensate for the 02 sensor (did you install some sort of fix?) or could be a simple air leak etc. Post back.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Originally posted by SD_GR
    Just making absolutely sure: You're talking about the red security light normally associated with the alarm? Not the check engine light? If so, sorry, no idea. If not, and you meant the CEL, have the code pulled and post it. Could be the usual CEL expected when you don't compensate for the 02 sensor (did you install some sort of fix?) or could be a simple air leak etc. Post back.
    It's not the cel light. It say Security and it's flashing. It could be the alarm acting crazy. This happened after I installed my reflashed ecu, up/dp/exh. Might just be a glitch.

Is the light on with the car running or with the door open or with the door closed?
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

Re: Security Light

Originally posted by myton78
    Security Light on the dash flashing after UP/DP/Exh installed. I used to not have this. What could this be?
    Valet mode most likely. I forget how exactly you get out of it, but check in the owners manual, that's how I figured it out. I had the same problem, happened after I installed my short shifter and turbo timer. You probably just pressed the right combination of keys on the keypad and kicked her into valet mode.
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

The sec light is not on when the car is running. It's on with the door is closed and when I use my remote transmitter from outside. The sec light does not turn on when i lock it from inside my car.

TBTW, the light is gone. I checked again this morning and the thing just dissappeared. There's one thing I remembered though, when I jacked up my car too high, the alarm went off. The alarm might have triggered something. Thats why the security light came on. Or it have been the valet mode thing. Anyway, thanks for you help guys.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.