My dash modification
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on My dash modification within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Here are some poor quality pictures of my newest interior modification. 1/2...

My dash modification

Here are some poor quality pictures of my newest interior modification.

1/2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dash1.jpg  
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

2/2

I'll take better pictures (more focused) as soon as I have some more spare time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dash2.jpg  
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

Banned
    looks awesome, what did you do and how, i would absoulutly love to switch the color to blue so it can match the BLM guages, once again looks awesome

kinda like the V W's interior, you know?

Originally posted by black03wrx
    looks awesome, what did you do and how, i would absoulutly love to switch the color to blue so it can match the BLM guages, once again looks awesome

kinda like the V W's interior, you know?
    Thank you very much for the compliments! Interesting how you point out that it looks like a VW dash, as that is exactly the look I was hoping to achieve

I used red bulb covers, aka "condoms" to cover the lights. They can be purchased from www.partsexpress.com (search for "lamp covers") I bought 4 bags of the 5mm (.2") and 2 bags of the 3mm (.12") This ended up being more than I really needed, but they break easily and are so cheap that it's worth buying extras. I'll work on writing up a how-to on it, but that will take a while because I'm in the middle of doing a write-up on my headlight mod (Which should be finished this weekend, hopefully )
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

*just placed order*

*patiently waiting for the DIY*

- 04 Java Black Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan

....6 Right, 50, 4 Left Tightens to 3 Long, 100, Jump Maybe, Care 6 Right, 30, Hair Pin Left Sign Outside, 30, 2 Right, 100 Over Finish.

Originally posted by AUSSIE MY99
    *just placed order*

*patiently waiting for the DIY*

Cool! You'll love it!
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

Awesome this looks really sweet. You're going all out, inside and outside with the light mods huh ryland? Keep it up, man.
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

Banned
    just placed my order and i am getting blue, i think it will look awesome, for those of you who want to know how much this will cost you mine came out to 17.50ish.

also waiting for the DIY but if they get here before im going for it.

anyways thanks for the idea, i was thinking like 2 days ago that i should change the lighting to blue. this is awesome.

will post pics as soon as the condoms get here.

Originally posted by Th3Franz
    Awesome this looks really sweet. You're going all out, inside and outside with the light mods huh ryland? Keep it up, man.
    Originally posted by black03wrx
    just placed my order and i am getting blue, i think it will look awesome, for those of you who want to know how much this will cost you mine came out to 17.50ish.

also waiting for the DIY but if they get here before im going for it.

anyways thanks for the idea, i was thinking like 2 days ago that i should change the lighting to blue. this is awesome.

will post pics as soon as the condoms get here.
    Thank you both for the good words

Write-up is on its way, ASAP. It's not that hard to figure out on your own though, if you know how to take the dash apart. I just fiddled around until I found all of the lights.
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

North New Jersey, School at Susquehanna University in Pennsylvania (Rt 287, Rt 78, Rt 22, Rt 80)
    Question: If i get blue lamp covers and place them over the green lights will there be any difference in the blue shade? Do u know what i mean? Cuse if there is big differnce i will go find some blue bulbs tht fit...?
    Thanks, Tom
    -My name is Tom not Jack

Check profile for mods

"I wanted to put a bullet between the eyes of every panda that wouldn't screw to save its species" Fight Club

Banned
    maybe i dont know yet, ill post some pics when they come and if it doesnt work out ill save you all the trouble.

i think it will turn out ok though

Why are the pics so blurry? Were you in a hurry?

<subscribed to thread>
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

it's looks just same as tiburon... i can't wait to get the parts... it costs be 25 bucks though... only shipping avaliable was $14.95.. duh..

is there anyway to change the color of fog lamp and cruise control switch?

- 04 Java Black Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan

....6 Right, 50, 4 Left Tightens to 3 Long, 100, Jump Maybe, Care 6 Right, 30, Hair Pin Left Sign Outside, 30, 2 Right, 100 Over Finish.

Originally posted by AjIsDope
    Why are the pics so blurry? Were you in a hurry?

<subscribed to thread>
    The pictures are blurry because it's nearly impossible to hold the camera steady while the shutter is open for a full second. I went to buy a tripod the other day, but none of the places I went to had one that I liked. I might have to hit up ebay for one, then I'll be able to hold the camera steady and use the longer shutter speed shots more effectively.

Originally posted by AUSSIE MY99
    it's looks just same as tiburon... i can't wait to get the parts... it costs be 25 bucks though... only shipping avaliable was $14.95.. duh..

is there anyway to change the color of fog lamp and cruise control switch?

Yes, the fog and cruise switches use the same type of bulb covers as the rest of the car. It's pretty self explanitory, just pop the switch out and take off the green cover, and replace w/ the color of choice. I changed mine to red tonight after I put my new fogs in (PIAA Ion Crystals ROCK!)
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

Originally posted by ryland
    The pictures are blurry because it's nearly impossible to hold the camera steady while the shutter is open for a full second. I went to buy a tripod the other day, but none of the places I went to had one that I liked. I might have to hit up ebay for one, then I'll be able to hold the camera steady and use the longer shutter speed shots more effectively.
    I see. You just wanted to prolong the exposure. Ok.

Yes, the fog and cruise switches use the same type of bulb covers as the rest of the car. It's pretty self explanitory, just pop the switch out and take off the green cover, and replace w/ the color of choice. I changed mine to red tonight after I put my new fogs in (PIAA Ion Crystals ROCK!) [/B]
    Got a pic of the fogs?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.