My dash modification - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

This is a discussion on My dash modification within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i know some of you guys are saying blue comes out sorta light....but that's okay.....can anyone tell me how much ...

i know some of you guys are saying blue comes out sorta light....but that's okay.....can anyone tell me how much of which i should order so i can do my whole dash and stereo blue???

they have different sizes on that site listed on the original posted....please help..thanks
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by ryland
    Thank you very much for the compliments! Interesting how you point out that it looks like a VW dash, as that is exactly the look I was hoping to achieve

I used red bulb covers, aka "condoms" to cover the lights. They can be purchased from www.partsexpress.com (search for "lamp covers") I bought 4 bags of the 5mm (.2") and 2 bags of the 3mm (.12") This ended up being more than I really needed, but they break easily and are so cheap that it's worth buying extras. I'll work on writing up a how-to on it, but that will take a while because I'm in the middle of doing a write-up on my headlight mod (Which should be finished this weekend, hopefully )

Originally posted by AwdTurboWrx
    i know some of you guys are saying blue comes out sorta light....but that's okay.....can anyone tell me how much of which i should order so i can do my whole dash and stereo blue???

they have different sizes on that site listed on the original posted....please help..thanks
    If you have a 2004 WRX, blue baloons or direct replacement blue leds won't work for you in the dash. You won't be able to see the red needles. I did a small write-up on this recently. I ended up going back to stock in my dash, except for the odometer (which I prefer with two blue baloons on.) I'll check out SpeedHut when/if they get there.

i have a 2003 so that should be okay
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

so does this work for 04 WRX?
    i mean, it's the same setup right?
    FP Green STi

Originally posted by VSGTS14
    so does this work for 04 WRX?
    i mean, it's the same setup right?
    My cas IS a 2004.
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

Model Year 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX Turbocharged 2.0 Liter Sedan, 5 Speed Manual Transmission, Java Black Pearl
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Originally posted by Trailboss
    Model Year 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX Turbocharged 2.0 Liter Sedan, 5 Speed Manual Transmission, Java Black Pearl
    THANKS JOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

i just made everything blue with the condoms...

looks good..but dim
    FP Green STi

selling blue LED stereo face

Hey everyone -

Here's the story: A couple of weeks ago I was letting my 2 year old daughter "drive" my car in the garage. Long story short, she managed to get 7 CDs into the stereo which destroyed the changer mechanism. I had to buy a whole new stereo (got an alpine CDA-9845 & hard wired a cable into the aux-in & car power for my ipod).

The stereo face, which I modified with blue LEDs (pics earlier in this thread) still works perfectly. If anyone wants it, I'll sell it for $40 shipped (to the US). I figure that about covers my parts & partial labor. PM me if interested.

-Justin
    Give me ambiguity or give me something else

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Surtr
    Hey everyone -

Here's the story: A couple of weeks ago I was letting my 2 year old daughter "drive" my car in the garage. Long story short, she managed to get 7 CDs into the stereo which destroyed the changer mechanism.
    They either do that, or they fill the radio with change from the change holder. I see it all the time.

Oh yeah - the face for sale is for the stock 6-CD changer from an 02 WRX (US); I don't know what other models that will fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    They either do that, or they fill the radio with change from the change holder. I see it all the time.
    lol, yeah. I thought I was being smart by not keeping change in my car; guess I should've been more worried about keeping CDs in there...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456