My dash modification - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on My dash modification within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hmm i need help..how do you get the dash pieces off??? or the hvac or the cruise control..i am realllly ...

North New Jersey, School at Susquehanna University in Pennsylvania (Rt 287, Rt 78, Rt 22, Rt 80)
    Hmm i need help..how do you get the dash pieces off??? or the hvac or the cruise control..i am realllly stupid. I get my bulb covers in a few days cant wait!
    -My name is Tom not Jack

Check profile for mods

"I wanted to put a bullet between the eyes of every panda that wouldn't screw to save its species" Fight Club

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

There are manuals on this here and there... PITA to really find them though unless you're a search master. So, here is the info for ya since I recently did a ton of stuff

To get into the gauge pod, there are 2 screws facing UP in the bezel. You'll need a philips head screwdriver. Undo those 2 screws. You'll also want to unlatch the steering wheel adjuster so you have a little extra room. Now pull the bezel out. Really easy. Might not wanna move with easy, so tug if you have to. It won't break.

No that you have the bezel out, there are 3 more screws holding the gauge pod in. Undo those, and now the PITA part... There are 3 cables connected behind the gauge pod. The one in the middle is the hardest one to get off. You'll have to fit your hand back there and play with it a bit. It can be slightly frustrating, but once it's off, it's easy again. With that off, all you need to do is undo the clips holding the clear plastic cover, and maybe a few screws to get to the bulbs.

To get to the HVAC control area, you first needs to open up the cup holder. There are 2 screws in there. Unto those. Now pull the entire unit out. Now, get a flat head screwdriver. Slip it on the left side of the whole stereo panel area, and pop it out. Don't screw up the plastic or the interior though. A few pops here and there, and the whole piece should come right off. You'll see now that the HVAC controls are only held back by a few screws and maybe a few clipped on pieces.

That should be it.

Not entirely sure how to get to the cruise control light, but it might require you take the whole underbody piece below the steering wheel. Which is held by 2 screws (hard to see, as you will need to have your head under there to look for them), a plastic screw/clip thing on the side which you can see easily with the door open and pulling it out. Requires a little tugging, but it comes out. That might give you access to that bulb.

North New Jersey, School at Susquehanna University in Pennsylvania (Rt 287, Rt 78, Rt 22, Rt 80)
    Thanks Zapix...i am going to do it now.

So does the same go with the radio? just pop it out?

And how about the ignition? It glows green as well, i dont want to fool around with t cuae i dont want my airbag to pop out, lol.

Thanks
    tom
    -My name is Tom not Jack

Check profile for mods

"I wanted to put a bullet between the eyes of every panda that wouldn't screw to save its species" Fight Club

Stereo from the pics is a bit more of a pain... You might also want to pop off the center air vent dash cover off when taking the center trim piece off with the flathead.

It's held in by a few screws, open it up, and the bulbs should be visable. Problem here is, you would need to swap out the LCD I believe. There is a tutorial on all that, also something on scoobymods.com with pictures for getting into the stereo and HVAC.

As for the ignition... I have no idea Take it you have an 03 or 04. I have an 02, so no idea. Don't think I've ever seen it mentioned.

Yea dude this sucks, lol. I cant seem to figure how to get the ster off...i gues i will check other treads. I dont ven know if this stuff will look good. Already i broke a clip and m defroster button(doesnt click in anymore) O well..lol.
    -My name is Tom not Jack

Check profile for mods

these are from Scoobymods.com...

I take NO credit for these
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 105-0540_img.jpg  
    PS3/360 ID: Zapix

MIA Western Mass Impreza Club / MIA Connecticut Impreza Club

My 2002 WRB WRX

2003 Northeast Subaru Impreza Club Regional Meet

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 105-0541_img.jpg  

third.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 105-0542_img.jpg  

4th
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 105-0543_img.jpg