A/F guage? and EGT guage
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on A/F guage? and EGT guage within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Anyone have any sites or advice? I am getting both of these within a month or so, hows the install? ...

A/F guage? and EGT guage

Anyone have any sites or advice? I am getting both of these within a month or so, hows the install?

my understanding is the A/F taps into the o2 sensor line.. where the hell is that??

Then the EGT has a probe that somehow needs to be in the exhaust?! does that mean putting a hole?!!?!? no way!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The O2 is not really worth it - I had one and I got rid of it.

The EGT is invaluable - I recommend a electronic gauge. I had the autometer one and the gauge died - the probe was fine, but the gauge carked it.

I now have a Defi-Link gauge and it is awesome. I reccomend the 60mm too - much easier to read.

You do have to drill a hole in your exhaust - tap it and install the probe.

Narrow band a/f gauges are just a light show. I've heard the greddy a/f gauge has a psuedo-wideband sensor and is accurate if you have it calibrated. Save your money on the a/f gauge and get a real wideband 02, or some more useful gauges (oil temp, pressure, fuel pressure, etc)

I too have the Defi EGT. I am very happy with it.
    2003 WRB Sedan. Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by scooby-x
    OMG!!! Do you want me on my knees or bent over? I love you

Ok the delimia here is I have a 3 guage a-pillar arriving tomarrow, and only a boost guage for it :-(

I was expecting a single pod piller, but they didnt have any, and the price was ok for the 3..

now i dont really care what goes in them, as long as they are practical, and relatively simple to install...

i think tapping a probe into my exhaust is.. too much of a hassel..

what othre guages are simple to install, like the boost??

thx
    dave

Maybe you guys could gimme some tips..

When running stuff from the plug in the firewall throught the dash, how do i do that?? hehe right now I have the pressure line running between the dash and the door, which leaves little to no slack..

also, where should i tap in to for 12V acc?? im using a a-pillar pod by the way..

any help is appreciated, i will be wireing my boost guage tonight..

thanks
    dave

Any of the useful gauges are going to require a little bit of work to put in. I thought the EGT probe was going to be a pain, but it was pretty easy: Unbolt the manifold, drill, tap, install, and then bolt it back up. If you're not planning on raising the boost, then an EGT won't be that useful. Maybe oil temp/pressure with a sandwich adaptor would be the easiest.

For 12V, I used the clock wires. That was the easiest for me because I have a center gauge pod. It may also be the easiest for the piller pod too...maybe someone else would know better.

I would honestly wait until you have all three gauges ready to install.

Also - having done the install of mech gauges and then replacing them with elec Defi-LInk ones - I would recommend the Defi-Link system anyday. Running 3 lots of power and lighting wire into the pillar pod SUCKS ARSE! As does running a pressure line into the cabin without kinks.

With the Defi-LInk it is ONE wire!!!

As for the routing - you need to remove the panel under the steering wheel - there are 2 screws and one poppy plastic connetor. Then pull hard - there are 3 clips along the top side that pop out.

Then just keep it out of the way and secure it regularly with zip ties.

Defi-Link is the shiznit!

Okay.. as far as power wire.. ill run one set, and branch it off at the guages.. why run 3? they are all the same power.. heh..

The best case is you end up with one 12V ingition, one ground, one 12 lighting, one boost line, one egt thermocouple line and say an oil pressure line.

Have a look at the space you have to run all that!!!

My 2c worth after doing it both ways.

Yah i understand what your saying, but in all honestly, I dont think Ill have the other 2 guages anytime soon, so ill just install it with boost, than as needed, ill add the others, im going to make custome 52MM caps to plug the holes in the meantime...

if you were me, what other two guages would you get, not the brand, just what type??

dave

it depends what mods you have.

engine is 100% stock, im afraid of the warrenty factor :P which im sure probably installin the boost guage somehow voided...

then I really wouldn't bother.

ok well i plan on gettin a utec, up/mid/downpipe, IC hoses

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.