Speaker wire to door?

This is a discussion on Speaker wire to door? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hello, after about 10 hours of installing my new stereo(alpine 9813, CDT Eurosports 620, and a planet audio 2400 amp, ...

Speaker wire to door?

Hello,

after about 10 hours of installing my new stereo(alpine 9813, CDT Eurosports 620, and a planet audio 2400 amp, waiting on my ed12a sub and avionixx 800.2 amp) i ran into a brick wall.

I cant for the life of me figure out how to run speaker wire to my crossover in the door. The rubber tube from the door to the inside is all curved and tight. Right now ive spliced off the factory wire harness and this is less than ideal.

Anyone that has aftermarket speakers, i would love to hear how you got wire to the door.

also, if anyone has any ideas on where to mount my 19" x 12" amp. right now its in a amp rack/box under my carpet. its not too pretty.

Thanks in advance.

Tom

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

zipity here, zipity there, i'm zipity everywhere...
    well, seeing as no one has answered this query yet, i guess i will.
    true, i did mine pretty ghetto-fab, just cutting a small slice in the rubber grommets, and running my wires through the crack in the door hinge. with the doors open, it looks slightly sketchy, but theer's no hangups with the signal, and no pinching. i just said F11ck it, you gotta do what ya gotta do.
    i'm bombin' uppercut swipes
    as my knuckles ignite
    more strikes
    than a teachin' staff's
    fights for pay hikes

zipity here, zipity there, i'm zipity everywhere...
    as far as your second question, i mounted my amp, which was about 16X14 under my seat. never gets too hot under there, and i did the wires really nice for that part at least.
    i'm bombin' uppercut swipes
    as my knuckles ignite
    more strikes
    than a teachin' staff's
    fights for pay hikes

Re: Speaker wire to door?

Originally posted by alobar

also, if anyone has any ideas on where to mount my 19" x 12" amp. right now its in a amp rack/box under my carpet. its not too pretty.

Thanks in advance.

Tom
    You either need a smaller amp or a lot bigger seat.

But seriously, I mounted my amp (in the Miata) back in the trunk. The audio cables ran all the way back there (think it was a 10 footer) and then the speaker wires ran back up front and out to the doors. It works great. I'm getting ready to add a Bazooka 2150 amp to the WRX but think it might fit under the driver seat. We'll see...

I didn't something similar to RexMobbin' to run the speaker wire in the Miata. I'll probably do something similar in the WRX.

Good luck.
    Mmmmm Kitty,,, the other red meat.

Please note: no cats were harmed in any way during the making of this post. But there is always later.