Question about Factory Alarm with TT (sorry)
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Question about Factory Alarm with TT (sorry) within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; ok I did search and found a few thread and i still don't have an answer. i installed Apexi TT ...

Question about Factory Alarm with TT (sorry)

ok I did search and found a few thread and i still don't have an answer.

i installed Apexi TT with HKS harness and I did cut the dark green with black stripes wire from the keyless entry domule and grey wire from security module.

All works fine but the security light is flashing rapidly when i remove key and lock the car. signals and honk works fine, too.

so i'm guessing that it's not in valet mode. does anyone know how to fix it? or just leave it like that because everything works fine?

thanks.
    - 04 Java Black Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan

....6 Right, 50, 4 Left Tightens to 3 Long, 100, Jump Maybe, Care 6 Right, 30, Hair Pin Left Sign Outside, 30, 2 Right, 100 Over Finish.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I had the same problem. A friend of mine works for gtspec.com and he spoke with a bunch of people from Subaru to the makers of the product. With the factory alarm, you can not arm the security system but you can lock the doors. I've installed the Blitz turbo timer on both a factory and a dealer installed turbo timer. The dealer security system is the only one which worked. What i do is i set the turbo timer to 10-30 seconds and by the time the car turns off i can arm it while still by the car. Hope this helps.
    SDWRX

thanks

but the alarm works. i guess it's fine then.

....6 Right, 50, 4 Left Tightens to 3 Long, 100, Jump Maybe, Care 6 Right, 30, Hair Pin Left Sign Outside, 30, 2 Right, 100 Over Finish.

Are you sure that the alarm is activated and not just the doors locking. Try to activate the alarm with the window open and then open the car door from the window and see if the alarm activates. If you alarm works then i dont think u have the factory alarm but the dealer alarm.

umm... maybe the canadian alarm is different...

whether i wait for TT to count down and engine shuts off then set the alarm or set the alarm during count down, the security light is flashing.

when any door is not closed, the alarm will tell me by honking several times.

when i set the alarm and open a door with a key, alarm will go off.

Everything works fine except i see the flashing light..

In canada, there's no option except for the sunroof. alarm, rear wing, etc comes as standard.

thank you.

hmm... please note that cutting the grey wire off the security module will prevent you from manually disarming the alarm system using the ignition 3x's on/off method.

the 'grey' wire is used by the security system to detect the switched ignition wire. if you need to have this feature you will probably need to wire up a toggle switch on the grey wire.

so to disarm the alarm manually you will need to flip the switch that connects the severed grey wire and then turn the key in the ignition switch on/off 3 times to disarm the alarm.

why would you need to disarm your alarm manually? ie. keyfob battery is low, in an area which has a lot of rf activity preventing your keyless entry system module from picking up your keyfob signal etc...

netZ

ahh... i think i should be ok... i've never had problem with flat battery or anything...

but i'll put switch on, just in case...

thanks a lot

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.