Finished hide-a-way LCD mounting - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Finished hide-a-way LCD mounting within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally posted by xylem007 I was just looking around on www.subaru.co.jp and found the pix of thier stock lcd holder ...

bambams247
    Originally posted by xylem007
    I was just looking around on www.subaru.co.jp and found the pix of thier stock lcd holder that goes in the radio location.
    That is slick, i dont know japanese, but do u know if u can order one of those?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I just emailed a place about getting the housing and or the lcd. They are checking around for me. I'll post my results... First vendor that can get those parts can sell a bunch of them i think...

I think cranium will make a kit at some point also which will probably be cheaper. I'm trying to replicate what he has done.

North Hills (Northridge, Granada Hills area), CA
    First off TIGHT ASSS MOD! I'm lookin to get my subie within the next 3 months and I wanted to do something like this.

Count me in for the Japanese pop-up mount if anyone is trying to get one. I know people tried in earnest, though unsuccesfully, over @ NASIOC to find a supplier for this same mount but who knows, the renewed effort here may prove succesful.

-HD

i just got finished cutting my clock mount in the same way cranium did. I'm not holding my breathe on the JDM part. Looks like it is only available as a unit and not as an individual part. But we'll see.

You got a link to the thread on nasioc.com about the jdm piece we've been talkin bout..?
    Last edited by xylem007; 08-08-2003 at 10:41 PM.

The guys on nasioc are making this...

Everyone go vote that you'll buy the unit they make hehe j/k

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...hreadid=223027

Link fixed..! But never mind its 1 year old.
    Last edited by xylem007; 08-09-2003 at 12:12 AM.

bambams247

Re: The guys on nasioc are making this...

Originally posted by xylem007
    Everyone go vote that you'll buy the unit they make hehe j/k

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/sho...threadid=223027
    bad link

someone on nasioc suggested fabbing something out of this
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ismanual_front_480x210.jpg  

in terms of looking at the screen at certain angles, does it look okay? or does it fade out the more sideways you look at it?

could you allso post some more pics of what you did? do the wires just feed behind the a/c ducts to the head unit area? or are you using the ps2 as a dvd player?
    Last edited by thetikler; 08-14-2003 at 01:27 AM.

Originally posted by thetikler
    in terms of looking at the screen at certain angles, does it look okay? or does it fade out the more sideways you look at it?

The viewing angle is fine from both seats. It looks awesome at night, during the day it is about 90% perfect. I sitll have yet to play with the contrast and all.

could you allso post some more pics of what you did? do the wires just feed behind the a/c ducts to the head unit area? or are you using the ps2 as a dvd player?
    I am using a PS2 to play DVD's (and for passengers to play games) during trips. I had an extra audio/video cable for the PS2, I bought an S-Video for the home setup, so I ran the cable through the center console and up behind the radio. The audio plugs into a tape adapter, video straight to the LCD. I have a AC/DC Converter in the backseat as well, plugged into the cigerette lighter. I don't have any pics of it, but it is pretty self explanatory.
    Calling George Bush shallow is like calling a dwarf short.

Bush : "I ask you to pray for this country."
    Jon Stewart : "We are way ahead of you, Mr. President."

Hey Cranium, any updates?

I'm about to try something similar... found a 5.6" LCD monitor from HK with supposed built-in TV tuner and aux A/V input

If I get this off the ground, I'll post pics.

-C

Nothing too much lately. I have a removable setup now, it is much more sturdy. Basically I can swap out the clock with the LCD system when I go on trips. I'll post some new pics soon.
    Calling George Bush shallow is like calling a dwarf short.

Bush : "I ask you to pray for this country."
    Jon Stewart : "We are way ahead of you, Mr. President."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123