A little off subject but a friend needs help

This is a discussion on A little off subject but a friend needs help within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Anyone out there know anything about the Subaru Forester's factory stereo. A friend of mine just traded in his old ...

Exclamation A little off subject but a friend needs help

Anyone out there know anything about the Subaru Forester's factory stereo. A friend of mine just traded in his old Impreza wagon for a 98 or 99 Forester. The dealership installed a factory 6-disc changer so he is going to keep the factory stereo. He has a sub that he wants me to hook up and I know from previous experience on my WRX that I will need to use a line output converter. Problem is that I don't know anything about the factory wiring harness for the Forester. I know there is a map available for the WRX's factory harness but is there one for the Forester that anyone know's about? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Did you try posting on Nasioc? They might be able to help you better there.
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

You can use a line out converter at the rear speakers can't you?

Look into an infinity basslink sub/amp, they can use the speaker lines that run to the back speakers so you shouldnt have to splice into the wiring harnes...

Search around for basslink.. I think I'm right on this one.
    --Damon

'04 Black 1.8t GTI
    (O8o)===W===(o8O)