STi stereo harness/hardware=02 WRX?

This is a discussion on STi stereo harness/hardware=02 WRX? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just bought a pioneer headunit w/ Infinity speakers and was hoping the wiring harness/hardware kit was the same for ...

STi stereo harness/hardware=02 WRX?

I just bought a pioneer headunit w/ Infinity speakers and was hoping the wiring harness/hardware kit was the same for the STi as for the 02 WRX.

Also, how do you move the faceplate to the bottom of the stereo-hole? I'd like that instead of the stupid open wound on my dash...
    Is this extreme?
    Because I don't want to be a part of anything that's not extreme.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

since subaru doesn't often use 'premium' systems in the cars (which use external amps and other pain-in-the-butt devices), it makes things fairly simple. should be the same harness, plugs, connections, everything. nice that way.

as for mounting the radio in the lower slot (i think that's what you mean), you'll probably have to rig something up using the factory mounting hardward and maybe some backstraps. i'm doing it monday night, if you want, i'll tell you how i did it after i figure out how i'm gonna do it
    s e t h
    "If you're going to live on the cutting edge, you'd better be prepared to bleed a little."
    Stink-Eye Mob #73, Hawkeye Alliance #667