neato idea

This is a discussion on neato idea within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just had a cool idea, it's been done so it't not really that cool but anyway here's what i'm ...

neato idea

I just had a cool idea, it's been done so it't not really that cool but anyway here's what i'm going to do. I was previously looking at the oem guage pack so i was looking into getting one, then my cd player breaks.... hmm, welll i'll either warranty or just get a new one, but as i was taking it out I realized what i should do. make a blank silver faceplate and put 3 guages in it along with like intercooler spray switch and some other switches
    maybe even boost controller if it could all fit in there, then just put my cd player in the glove compartment. Sound like a good idea? i'm sure people have done this so does anyone have pics of anything similar?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If you buy an aftermarket head unit, you could mount it where the optional gauge cluster would replace the clock.
    Deliberating enclaves of like-minded people are often a breeding ground for extreme movements - Cass Sunstein

I need a clock though plus I like a more clean look ala the cd player not being visible

in my WRX i had the radio in the gauge location with a hideaway face. i left the stock radio in there as a dummy. when you looked, the faceplate was hidden, so you didn't even think twice that there might be something different than the stock radio. ask the mid-atlantic guys; they've seen it if you want my cluster housing, i'm selling it off since i'm doing something different in the STi
    s e t h
    "If you're going to live on the cutting edge, you'd better be prepared to bleed a little."
    Stink-Eye Mob #73, Hawkeye Alliance #667

which hideaway head unit did you use?
    " I sell ice in the winter, I sell fire in hell "

alpine's CDA-7998, but if you don't want to go that crazy, there's a lower model, the 7995, and a bunch of others on the market. the alpine, IMHO, is the best sounding processor in the industry at this time (not using external processors, that is). oh yeah, and it looks cool.
    s e t h
    "If you're going to live on the cutting edge, you'd better be prepared to bleed a little."
    Stink-Eye Mob #73, Hawkeye Alliance #667

I was looking at that head unit. I like the look alot. How did it look and feel in the WRX? did it feel cheap when you pushed the bottons, since it sticks out a little.

What did you use to fill in the rest of the gap? Can you send me or direct me to some pics of it in your car????

Thanks!
    " I sell ice in the winter, I sell fire in hell "

Originally posted by Chunks
    I need a clock though
    Are you kidding me?
    I created my avatar.

North New Jersey, School at Susquehanna University in Pennsylvania (Rt 287, Rt 78, Rt 22, Rt 80)
    A clock is one thing i wish i had

-If you put ur cd headunit in ur glove box..how will you reach it
    -My name is Tom not Jack

Check profile for mods

"I wanted to put a bullet between the eyes of every panda that wouldn't screw to save its species" Fight Club

The CD player will have a clock.....
    '12 WRB Sedan

I can reach it. Plus at a stoplight, anything is possible hehe.