Leather Seats - ATD1
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Leather Seats - ATD1 within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; After reading post after post of aweosme pics I was wondering.... What is it that takes 2-3 hours per seat ...

Leather Seats - ATD1

After reading post after post of aweosme pics I was wondering.... What is it that takes 2-3 hours per seat ? What does the process involve?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

First you have to take the seat out, then take the seat apart so you can get at the bottom/backs seperately, remove the cloth covering by taking out all the old hog rings, metal bars until you are down to the foam. Then install the leather by hog ringing in the same places as old covers which is very fiddly, put the seats back together again and then install the seats in the car. Time consuming - trust me!!

is it possible to have it done for you..and is that expensive? (i'm not good working with leather/cloth/etc)
    Float like a butterfly and sting like when I pee

Hah, the dealer I bought my rex from said it would be 1200 to get it done from them and i was like "eh, i'll look into it" but then I heard about atd1, can't beat 600

correct me if i'm wrong but ATD1 doesn't put the actual leather on though..i imagine the dealer would "install" it for you
    Float like a butterfly and sting like when I pee

It's up to you and how much money you want to spend - ATD1 just supplies the kit. Your dealer could put it on and charge you about $600 on top of the kit (they would just send it to an unholstery shop), or like most people on these boards, you spend a few evenings and put it on yourself. It is not difficult and well worth the effort.

As you are in PA, I suppose you can drive to Hartford and have ATD install it for you. They do a bunch of installations for dealers in the region.

I had never done an installation of any type of upholstery, yet I found the project to be fairly straightforward. Start with the rear and get the hang of the process before going to the front seats. I was surprised at how easy it was. THe drivers seat was the worst, only because of the added adjusters, but it wasn't too bad.

I'm VERY pleased with the ATD product and theur service was outstanding!

Cheers,

Kevin

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.