Will polk momo 6.5 fit in doors?

This is a discussion on Will polk momo 6.5 fit in doors? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a 2002 WRX. I'm wanting to upgrade my stereo system. i was going to go with Polk Momo ...

Will polk momo 6.5 fit in doors?

I have a 2002 WRX. I'm wanting to upgrade my stereo system. i was going to go with Polk Momo speakers but I've heard that the 6.5 speakers in the componenet set are very deep. Does any one know how much space is available in the door for the 6.5s? has any one tried these specific speakers in the car yet?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

How deep are the speakers? I havent ripped the front door panels off yet but I think theres only 1 7/8" clearance back there. And you can only go with about a 1/2" spacer if you go any larger than that when you go to put the door panel back on its gonna interfere. I found this out the hard way on the rear speakers

Oh just my 2 cents here...polk momos are overated they slapped the momo name on there so they can charge an extra $100. If you didnt buy them already look at other speakers in that price range, last I checked they were $350-400 for a 6.5" component set You can get a nice pair of boston acoustics or mb quarts, maybe even some focals for that price and they will smoke those polk momos.
    Last edited by GregFarz78; 03-13-2002 at 07:54 PM.
    2003 WRX this summer
    GregFarz3@excite.com
    http://community.webshots.com/user/gregfarz78

Like free MP3's? Join my club, mention clubwrx.net
    Audiophilez

well i can get these for 250. But I'll look around at these Focals and stuff too

It's $75 for the Pok Momo 10" (maybe 12") subwoofer, with enclosure, at Circuit City. Sounds like a deal to me.
    Matt
    WRX-less, now RSX-y!!!

Nope sorry the polk momo speaker will not fit in the door they are to deep the only way you could do it is if u didnt want your window to go down. i got the same ones and had to take them back and i got infinities they fit perfect and are nice and clear just not a deep