Help an audio newb out!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Help an audio newb out! within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I know pretty much nothing about car audio. If I buy a new head unit, say 50x4 watts. And some ...

Help an audio newb out!

I know pretty much nothing about car audio. If I buy a new head unit, say 50x4 watts. And some new speakers, will it get louder and sound cleaner than the stock setup?

I dont want to mess with amps and all that. I just want something that sounds pretty loud and good.

1.) I want a pioneer head unit and oem Legacy spacer. Or Blauplunkt 6 disk in dash changer.

2.) Infinity speakers (or similar).

I want a headunit that fits flush in the car and looks good. I also have the subaru subwoofer, if that can still be used?

PLEASE help me spend my money, and help me find a good setup like this.
    " I sell ice in the winter, I sell fire in hell "

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I would buy an install a new headunit first...with your stock speakers it should be cleaner instantly with changing a few settings on the deck....see how you like it and then if you want better speakers just upgrade to something else, i would go with infinity or kenwood for interior replacements.....
    It must suck getting beat by a wagon.....

Re: Help an audio newb out!

Originally posted by 2point0
    ...I want a headunit that fits flush in the car and looks good. I also have the subaru subwoofer, if that can still be used?
    I'm almost sure that the aftermarket wiring harness come with the necessary connections for the sub harness as well. Call Crutchfield, they're your friends. (Just don't buy from them, incredible markup!!)

As far as speakers go, look around in this forum. The mounting depth in the door is really shallow. Most people either make "spacers" (circular pieces of wood or plastic that act as a big-a55 washer) or get "MB Quart speakers, which have a shallow mounting depth. Check out this tutorial over at scooby mods.
    Enjoy..
    --Damon

'04 Black 1.8t GTI
    (O8o)===W===(o8O)

Probably becuase your head unit can't power those speakers very well. Compare the specs, you'll see what I mean. The aftermarket speakers need more juuuuice!
    --Damon

'04 Black 1.8t GTI
    (O8o)===W===(o8O)

I actually got a really, really, really good deal on some Sony XPlode 5 1/4 components and 4" for the rears.

If I get a new head unit, will the new head unit have enough power to make the new speakers sound good? Or will I HAVE to have an amp???

Thanks for the help

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

If I get a Pioneer 50x4 head unit and these:

http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S...=0&cc=01&avf=N

and Sony Xplode 4" in the rear doors...

Will my car sound pretty good, even without an amp? I am not looking to bump the whole neighborhood, just some nice sounding speakers that will sound good, on the freeway.

THANKS!

i dont know a ton about audio, but a head unit putting out 50x4 should be enough to make those Sony Xplods sound a whole hell of a lot better than teh stock setup. you can always add an amp later, but i dont know if it will be necessary for just the speakers.
    o-|-<) bryan

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

Thanks Wrink.!

I can always add an amp later on if I want to huh? good call.

I am also going to dynomat the inside of the doors. (well have all the installation professionally done).

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.