AC Question

This is a discussion on AC Question within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys now that its summer, and im useing my AC. I have noticed it the clutch and second fan ...

AC Question

Hey guys now that its summer, and im useing my AC. I have noticed it the clutch and second fan switches on and off about every 25 sec's. Wich is strange because it takes for ever to cool the car off. Every other car i have had the clutch kicks on and off maybe every 45 sec's to a min easly. Does any one else know if this is normaly, maybe because its a four cyl? This is my first 4 cyl car.

Also you feel it not only in the air, but its also hard to modulate the gas pedle, one sec you its laging, the next sec, wowa another 20 horses.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You probably feel the extra power at wot b/c the ac shuts off automatically. Your right about the a/c being weak. I have the same feeling in my rex. Most of my recent cars have been v6,s and didnt suffer from the power loss.
    See ya on the Parkway
    MODS

You really have to set it to recirculate for it to get going. All the subarus I've had over the past 16 years have had crappy ACs. On the bright side, you don't have to turn off the AC to get up to 45 mph like you used to have to do in the 1980s GL stationwagons.

got some confusion going on here, i know that the ac clutch kicks off at wot. Im talking about just crusing around. You feel the clutch kicking on and off every 25 sec's. Wich to me those time intervels become realy anoying. Im not complaining about power loss. It feels like the AC is turning on and off to often.

I brought mine in and had them check it out. They said everything was fine. My last car (BMW 535i) a/c was so cold My wife needed a blanket This a/c sucks
    See ya on the Parkway
    MODS

Originally posted by dsel
    You really have to set it to recirculate for it to get going. All the subarus I've had over the past 16 years have had crappy ACs. On the bright side, you don't have to turn off the AC to get up to 45 mph like you used to have to do in the 1980s GL stationwagons.
    that is so true (and funny) - one of my best friends had a hand-me-down GL, and when we went to get on the highway, she'd say "hit the turbo boost!" and i'd reach over and turn off the A/C. instant power!
    s e t h
    "If you're going to live on the cutting edge, you'd better be prepared to bleed a little."
    Stink-Eye Mob #73, Hawkeye Alliance #667

she'd say "hit the turbo boost!" and i'd reach over and turn off the A/C. instant power!
    Lmao. I'm glad I'm not the only one that does this, since I don't have a WRX yet.
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!