I'mma big dude...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on I'mma big dude... within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Alrite sorry cuz you guys have probably already answered this question 100 times, BUT i'm 6'2 270 lbs and wondered ...

Angry I'mma big dude...

Alrite sorry cuz you guys have probably already answered this question 100 times, BUT i'm 6'2 270 lbs and wondered if anyone my size owns a wrx or if i'm just too darned big lol. At the moment i cant go check one out for myself (long story ) But maybe in a few months, So....Can i probably fit, or am i too fat? hehe ..Thanks all

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Im 6'4" and 220 and I fit fine. Im not sure how that translates with 50 more pounds sitting 2 inches lower though. my friend is about 270 and 6'3" and did not complain about the fit, it wasnt roomy by any means but he could drive the car fine and didnt say anything about it not being big enough. ...Of course he also used to weigh 290 and drive a toyota paseo.
    Alex

Thumbs up Not only big, but...

I'm not only big , (6'2" 250 , I was 280 when I bought the WRX , thank you and rest in peace DR. Atkins!) but I am even contemplating a driver seat change out, and that might tighten things up a bit.I know I don't need one but they look so damn good!The WRX is fine for the larger frame , its JDM counterpart comes with nicer narrower seats , so they thought of us when they made it!
    All kidding aside the WRX is the most comfortable I have been in a vehicle and that includes large trucks and SUV's

Re-Addicted to WRX tacomaboy138's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I am skinny but I am all legs (6'4") and I fit comfortably in the driver seat...pity whomever sits behind you though!
    2011 SWP WRX 4D
    07 MINI Cooper S... SOLD!
    03 WRX Wagon... SOLD!
    98 Toyota Tacoma...SOLD!

Jeremy Clarkson has my dream job.

The '04 seats are much wider than the '02-'03, so you should definitely go try out an '04 and see how that feels.

Im 5' 9" Carry a bigarse Glock......................

But I would personally never call ya fat to your face

Anyway,

My bud is 6' 1" and WAY overwieght (285-95?)and has an 02 Vette convert. and we swap out sometimes (
    Old fugs do dat chit<G>)

And he has never complained about anything other than my goofy dash "cup holder"........LOL

Go take a spin, It wont matter if ya "fit" or not,............

You'll bring it home

Shotgun

Re: I'mma big dude...

Originally posted by WannaSTi04
    Alrite sorry cuz you guys have probably already answered this question 100 times, BUT i'm 6'2 270 lbs and wondered if anyone my size owns a wrx or if i'm just too darned big lol. At the moment i cant go check one out for myself (long story ) But maybe in a few months, So....Can i probably fit, or am i too fat? hehe ..Thanks all
    I'm about the same size as you and it fits great, better than any other Japanese car I have tried. I have let some tall friends (6'5", 6'6", 6'7") try it and they were surprised how well they fit. You have to test drive it to be sure, but I think you will fit no problem.
    FUNKED1
    GO PETTER & TOMMI!!!

i dont have this problem b/c im only 5'3
    although i wondered if i was to short until i test drove it
    i fit fine with AT and MT cuz i tried both gotta make sure clutch can go all the way in when ur short

im 6' and 285 or so and I fit fine.. although long drives can get a tad bit uncomfortable with the sideboulstering in my phat ass.
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

I'm 6'3" and 225lbs. The '03 seats fit me pretty good...but its just at the edge of comfort. If I were any bigger, or the seat was any smaller, then it would suck. You can always cut the metal support rods in the seat to make the bottom wider too.
    2003 WRB Sedan. Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by scooby-x
    OMG!!! Do you want me on my knees or bent over? I love you

Head room should be fine. But a lot of bigger guys I know ( my bro is 6'1 250) like the sport seats, but wouldnt mind something less confining on long drives. Hell, Im 170 and feel much the same way; My wife's Tundra is the "road trip vehicle". Its just the sport oriented seats(shrugs)
    -Ray

ofcourse..

WannaSTi04,

I'm 6'4 290, big boys do drive little 4 bangers.....fast 4 bangers..hell i can even push my seat back and "get mah lean on"
    03 wrb WRX sedan
    Crawford Performance S2 2.5L Block
    --- Tuned by I-SPEED

Tons of other toys.....

Long drives

I gotta say, the long drives for me get the thighs sore! I'm about 5' 11 and 250 --- I got them fat biking/weight lifting legs and the side bolsters dig right on into my thighs. Guess I gotta get like my grandmother and get a lace trimmed pillow to sit on!

WRX for the big dogs

I'm 6'2 at 250+ and I love the feel of the car.
    Good leg room, comfy seats.

Heck, on a nice day I roll the windows down in the driveway, put on some Jazz and take a nap.

Once you get in, you don't wanna get out.
    My Mods

My Sponsors are my paycheck & credit card.

After hitting 140 mph chasing a STi I said:
    "I'm Not Comfortable At this SPEED!"

www.myspace.com/awd_luv

Exclamation I was must be a load!

Seriously?
    My legs hit the side bolsters and after a 2 hour drive, I start to really feel them diggin in!

I have an early 2004 wagon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast