momo knob
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on momo knob within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; can people post their favorite momo knob or what they use and if they're happy with it. i have an ...

momo knob

can people post their favorite momo knob or what they use and if they're happy with it. i have an ichibahn and i'm sick of it and i'll probably be replacing it with a momo..thanks.
    Float like a butterfly and sting like when I pee

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Momo air race leather- although on hot days prepare for your hand to look like that guy who picked up the hot medallion in Raiders of the Lost Ark.

yes race air is by far the best momo knob...but yes throw on the leather glove until that thing cools down...i actually..no joke, got burned bad by the bottom part..not by the drilled part up top..although i wish i did so i could post pics of my hand haha

::having second thoughts now:: haha i just got some extra cash off my morettes so i might go for one of those..how much do they run for..~70?

Try grabing hold of the STi titanium one on a hot day and getting the STi logo burned into you hand now thats loyalty. This use to happen all the time with my Voodoo knob for my Miata but there is this KnobGlove This guy does awesome work and he can engrave anything on just about anything. Here is a picture of the Voodoo knob he laser engrave for me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails voodoo 1.jpg  
    --Tony

2002.5 Mazda Protege5
    1997 Mazda Miata STO Edition #774-1500 (Sold)
    2003 WRX Silver Sedan
    -STi Grill
    -STi Projectors
    -Aust Spec 17' wheels

i wish they made voodoos for the wrx aren't they really short? i'm not a big fan of tall knobs

Yeah they thread all the way down and effectively make your throws shorter I loved that shifter on the Miata. That is one reason why I like the WRX beacuse the lay out is the same you are directly connected to the gearbox.
    --Tony

2002.5 Mazda Protege5
    1997 Mazda Miata STO Edition #774-1500 (Sold)
    2003 WRX Silver Sedan
    -STi Grill
    -STi Projectors
    -Aust Spec 17' wheels

go with the MOMO Race Air Leather, it feels and looks perfect on this car. Also, since it's mostly leather it doesn't burn your hand (the metal on top gets hot but not too hot). I got mine from subydude.com, price was good and shipping was fast.

It looks better on the car than it does in the picture on subydude....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wrx-049.jpg  
    Last edited by mourning_air; 07-20-2003 at 10:09 AM.
    <Ryan>
    '00 Silverthorn Metallic 2.5 RS
    '04 San Remo Red WRX Wagon

i think it even looks nice there..i had an all metal one for awhile so i think i can deal with a little peice of metal

does the momo air race leather work with the stock shift boot? is it a reallly easy install?
    --Jason-- 2004 MT WRB WRX
    Cobb Stage 2 more goodies:
    STi SS | Blitz SUS | Samco IC Hoses | Perrin Rear Sway Bar and Endlinks | Eibach's | Steel Gray Rota Downshifts | Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3's | Blitz DTT-DC2 | Phatty-Ass System

"This is my WRX. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My WRX is my best friend. It is my life. I must master my WRX as I must master my life. Without me, my WRX is useless. Without my WRX, I am useless."

the picture above is with the stock boot, it doesn't attach to the knob, but the boot is stiff enough to keep itself up no problem. It is a very, very easy install
    <Ryan>
    '00 Silverthorn Metallic 2.5 RS
    '04 San Remo Red WRX Wagon

most of them work pretty well with the stock boot that i've noticed..i doubt it would be so popular if it didn't fit well with the stock shifter and boot

I think every WRX owner who gets an aftermarket shiftnob has this MOMO nob.....gay.

:has no problem with stock knob: cept jons spelling of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

:has problem with eli caring about spelling too much:
    why don't you go read the joke about the lightbulb and see how many of those types of people apply to you again

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.