anyone ever have problems with the trunk release lever?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on anyone ever have problems with the trunk release lever? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i frequently can't open my trunk from the lever. i pull the lever all the way up and the trunk ...

anyone ever have problems with the trunk release lever?

i frequently can't open my trunk from the lever. i pull the lever all the way up and the trunk doesn't pop. my car's only about a month old. anyone else have this problem?
    03 WRB WRX - 5/18/03

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

does it happen all the time, or only occasionally? there is a child safety time lock on it that will only allow it to be opened by a key, but I'm not sure how to disable it (owners manual would probably be a good place to start for answers)

Mine was messed up from the day a bought it. Finally took it in and they just had to make some sort of adjustment. Funny thing is it started doing it again on Sat.
    PM me if you're in the need for high speed affordable video hosting.

I've got the same problem. I have to pull real long and hard for the trunk to open. I think its a design flaw.
    My rex is 4 months old and has had this problem from day one.
    There are worse things that could be bad.
    See ya on the Parkway
    MODS

Take a look at this thread. It deals with the hard to open/close trunk.
    Trunk hard to close? Adjust it!

I think the design of the trunk release is stupid. Instead of the cable acting on the latch itself, there is a little arm that pushes the latch open. Its backwards from other cars I've owned.
    Last edited by Hot_Dog; 06-30-2003 at 09:00 AM.
    2003 WRB Sedan. Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by scooby-x
    OMG!!! Do you want me on my knees or bent over? I love you

Just loosen the two bolts that hold the relase onto the car, and pull it upwards to the top of its range of motion. Bam! Trunk releases like it should
    '12 WRB Sedan

Originally posted by 03WRXMA
    Just loosen the two bolts that hold the relase onto the car, and pull it upwards to the top of its range of motion. Bam! Trunk releases like it should
    where are those two bolts located at? is it in the trunk or it in near the handle?
    03 WRB WRX - 5/18/03

In the trunk. Look at the thread link that Hot_Dog posted...
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

Originally posted by is2scooby
    In the trunk. Look at the thread link that Hot_Dog posted...
    Richard knows! But they are on the boyd of the car, not the trunk lid. If you look you will see them. 12mm IIRC....
    '12 WRB Sedan

Angry

Yes, this is happening to me also. When I open it with the key it will work for awhile. But after that I pull it all the way up and no action. Going to have the dealership adjust it when I take it in for it's first service.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.