EZ-Pass "Install"
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on EZ-Pass "Install" within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I've never liked the idea of putting the incredibly sticky adhesive that's provided to attach the EZ-Pass velcro to the ...

Cool EZ-Pass "Install"

I've never liked the idea of putting the incredibly sticky adhesive that's provided to attach the EZ-Pass velcro to the windshield. Also, since I'm going to be tinting my windshield, I wouldn't want a little white box glaring through. So I picked up one of those EZ-Pass holders for $6 and painted the EZ-Pass backing with a flat-black. Looks nice I think.

I haven't seen many ideas for mounting this thing, so I thought I'd post mine. Hope it helps someone.
    Last edited by szero; 06-28-2003 at 10:13 PM.
    1995 Green Eclipse GSX AT
    2002 White Impreza WRX AT

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

E-Z-Pass, is that the thing for highway tolls so you dont have to stop? we have that in florida but its called E-pass... the thing we have is plastic and white. What Ive seen people do is just put it in the clear thign that wraps around the sun visor (i think on passenger side) and flip it down when going through a toll... however we could be talking about 2 completely different things
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

bambams247
    We have these in Illinois, suprisingly called I-Pass. I wnat to get one but its white. I've seen peopel velcor it on their dash board. Does anyone know f I can paint it black and good mounting ideas so you won't really be able to tell that I have it but it owuld still work. Let me know, thanks!

Originally posted by bambams247
    We have these in Illinois, suprisingly called I-Pass. I wnat to get one but its white. I've seen peopel velcor it on their dash board. Does anyone know f I can paint it black and good mounting ideas so you won't really be able to tell that I have it but it owuld still work. Let me know, thanks!
    Originally posted by ebr0t
    What Ive seen people do is just put it in the clear thign that wraps around the sun visor (i think on passenger side) and flip it down when going through a toll...

Peter North > *

bambams247
    Are you following em arround the forum?

Originally posted by bambams247
    Are you following em arround the forum?

oh the joy of email notification...

Peter North > *

bambams247
    oh the joy of email notification...
    Isn't it great? Enjoy this one.

Re: EZ-Pass "Install"

Originally posted by szero
    I've never liked the idea of putting the incredibly sticky adhesive that's provided to attach the EZ-Pass velcro to the windshield. Also, since I'm going to be tinting my windshield, I wouldn't want a little white box glaring through. So I picked up one of those EZ-Pass holders for $6 and painted the EZ-Pass backing with a flat-black. Looks nice I think.

I haven't seen many ideas for mounting this thing, so I thought I'd post mine. Hope it helps someone.
    FWIW tinting the windshield is illegal, and stupid looking...

But back on topic.. Just hold it up when you go through the booth, no need to glue it on
    '12 WRB Sedan

Here in NJ, we have EZ Pass. I dont use the velcro attachment. Didnt want to put anything on my windsheild. I just keep the EZPass in my arm extension and place it on my clock as I go through the toll. It also works if I just place if in the space in front of the ash tray.

Re: Re: EZ-Pass "Install"

Originally posted by 03WRXMA
    FWIW tinting the windshield is illegal, and stupid looking...

But back on topic.. Just hold it up when you go through the booth, no need to glue it on
    In MA you can tint up to 6 inches down from the top of your windshield. I had this stock on my Eclipse (fades, doesn't cut off abruptly), and it really helped on days when the sun gets in your eyes right in that area. It sure helps alot better (and looks alot better) than the stupid visors that come on the rex.

Then again, to each their own. No need to border on insults.

And yes, back on topic: I used to hold it up and for some reason it didn't register 6 out of the 100's or so times I've gone through a booth. That, and I occasionally drive aggressively enough to knock it out of the "dishes" on the dash.
    1995 Green Eclipse GSX AT
    2002 White Impreza WRX AT

woah in ny we have ez pass tooo!!!!!! Does anyone have somthing in their state where it will clock you between entry and exit points and if you are going too fast will ticket you? I have heard that exists

bambams247
    Originally posted by aaronwillen
    woah in ny we have ez pass tooo!!!!!! Does anyone have somthing in their state where it will clock you between entry and exit points and if you are going too fast will ticket you? I have heard that exists
    I heard that it ahs the ability to do this in IL. What happens if the i-pass' are about 10 miles apart. So if the limit is 60 miles per hour. If you go through two gates in 3 minutes, your going a little fast. Because it know shte time you cross.

In california its called FastTrak----in case you cared
    My Car is 100% STOCK!
    Pics

Originally posted by platano
    At 14???
    shoot , I'd hit it at current age, on roof of the car, with cousin driving , neighbor and town priest in the back seat, and that kid from "N.Korea" riding shotgun.

I lived in NY where there has been EZ Pass for a long time. If your EZ Pass is not attached to you windshield and the police see you holding it up as you go through they will give you a ticket My wifes car has the transponder mounted onto the front license plate. There is metal in the windshield so the EZ Pass doesnt read it well.
    See ya on the Parkway
    MODS

It's called Fast Lane in MA, it's EZ Pass in NY and NJ

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.