Speaker Advice

This is a discussion on Speaker Advice within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I bought some Infinity's before really looking into installation and it doesnt look like its gonna be a real easy ...

Speaker Advice

I bought some Infinity's before really looking into installation and it doesnt look like its gonna be a real easy process with these particular speakers. They are 5 1/4" components for the front and the frame of the speaker doesnt fit the hole left by the stock speakers, the hole is too big, not to mention that they are too deep and hit the window on the inside.

Any recommendations of speaker brand/type/model?

Any links to perform installation myself with some aftermarket parts?

Thanks... please excuse the noob for asking stupid questions
    '04 WRX --- SOLD
    '05 STi --- SOLD

'05 H3
    '05 Jeep Wrangler
    '94 Supra
    SP61 Single Turbo ++
    Under construction

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I thought about getting some new speakers, but opted for the Infinity Baselink System. It adds some nice power to the stock stereo and gives me plenty of bass. Just mounted it in the trunk and placed the bass volume control under the dash.

I was scared I would break the door panels installing new speakers so I went with this option. The stock speakers seem to handle the extra power quite well.

you need spacers/adapters to mount most aftermarket speakers. you can actually use most 6.5" speakers in the front, and 5.25" in the back as long as you have the correct spacer/adapter.
    do a search on here for "spacer" or something like it and you'll find someone who makes really nice ones for reasonable prices. you can talk to him about what you need and he'll set you up with it. also, you cant expect your aftermarket speaker to match up to the factory holes, but you can drill new ones into the spacer you use.
    as far as speakers go, i was personally looking at the Infinity Reference 6.5" components for the front, since i would not need an aftermarket amp to run them and would be able to build my system in steps. MB Quart is also a popular speaker around these parts.
    i second the use of an infinity basslink to add a little bit of bump. i'm not looking for a ton of bass, and its a clean, simple, small setup--just right for me.
    o-|-<) bryan

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

i already have some thump from my 2 fosgate 10"s in the trunk... i am really looking for something that i can turn up when im driving down the highway with the windows down that i can actually hear, crisp and clean. when driving this way with the stock speakers i can barely hear them unless i turn the volume way up and then it sounds like crap, especially when the lows are just about perfect.

i may just go take them somewhere and have them installed for $50 or so.
    '04 WRX --- SOLD
    '05 STi --- SOLD

'05 H3
    '05 Jeep Wrangler
    '94 Supra
    SP61 Single Turbo ++
    Under construction