Looking for subtle 60mm single gauge pod ideas for my wagon
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Looking for subtle 60mm single gauge pod ideas for my wagon within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Well, after six months, it looks like the Subie Gal gauge pod deal is falling through. I was hoping to ...

I Support ClubWRX

Looking for subtle 60mm single gauge pod ideas for my wagon

Well, after six months, it looks like the Subie Gal gauge pod deal is falling through. I was hoping to install one of these:

But after receiving the wrong pod six months ago, and Subie Gal not getting any new ones in, I'm ready to go another route.

So, does anyone have any ideas for something subtle for a single pod for a 60mm boost gauge? I'd consider 52mm, but I want to go with one of the Omori WRX look gauges, and Gruppe-S only has 60mm (and is selling them out so I might be too late! )

I don't really want to replace the clock with a dash pod. I haven't seen a single A-pillar pod, let alone one long enough for a wagon, And I haven't seen a steering column pod (Ala. OEM) for 60 mm.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    Steve

[why in the world are IMG tags turned off in this forum? ]

Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA - Moderator - Fun Drives and North Central States
    The Morris Garage
    2008 Outback 2.5XT Ltd __2002 WRX Wagon __ 1958 MGA Roadster __ 2008 smart Cabrio __ and a few scooters...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Those Blitz BLM gauges are sweet! But those might be too aggressive/not subtle enough for you. Otherwise...Defi gauges! Those are SWEEET!

I want gauges so bad too...
    -Ryan |Dub-Yuh Our Ex Ess Tee Eye| My Car

J-spectuning seems to have 52mm mechanicals in-stock http://j-spectuning.com/omori_yg.htm

I bought a 45mm mechanical from J-spectuning the other day to replace the OEM one.

Robert
    --------------------------------
    MY03 Sonic Yellow Sedan

I Support ClubWRX
    Thanks Russ,

I've seen that one advertised for a year or so, but it sounds like they might actually be making them now! There's been a couple of threads here on it, as well. One guy got one and the top edge covers up about 1/2" of the top of the gauges! Didn't look good at all. Someone else has a friend making one similar, but that's fibreglass instead of ABS, fits better, and matches the WRX color. We'll see if it comes to pass...

Anyway, none of these fit the Omori 60mm gauge, which I'd prefer because of the memory, inches instead of bar, and correct color light and needle that matches the OEM gauges. Maybe I can find a 60mm cup and mount it to the top left defroster vent somehow.

Thanks,
    Steve

Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA - Moderator - Fun Drives and North Central States
    The Morris Garage
    2008 Outback 2.5XT Ltd __2002 WRX Wagon __ 1958 MGA Roadster __ 2008 smart Cabrio __ and a few scooters...

bump for more ideas on 60mm single gauge pods!!
    04 WRX Black no options!
    Helix up/downpipe, HKS catback & Bov, autometer gauges and MRT shortshifter, Bronze Rota SDRs, UTEC, tein SS coilovers, HKS type1 turbo timer, 6000K HIDs, JDM spec C front/rear lips, 20% tint
    to be installed: Mines Spoiler

I say gauges are for looks. The more the better.

Are those your gauges? No gauge pod for the center 3 gauges?

Originally posted by Speedstars
    I say gauges are for looks. The more the better.
    04 WRX Black no options!
    Helix up/downpipe, HKS catback & Bov, autometer gauges and MRT shortshifter, Bronze Rota SDRs, UTEC, tein SS coilovers, HKS type1 turbo timer, 6000K HIDs, JDM spec C front/rear lips, 20% tint

Here is my single gauge solution - Defi-link EGT.
    02 wagon
    All the mounting hardware comes in the box from Defi
    Gruppe-s seem to have the best prices on Defi.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails defi gauge 004.jpg  
    Last edited by aussieinstlouis; 07-29-2003 at 04:51 PM.

another view
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails defi gauge 005.jpg  

and night time!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails defi gauge 001.jpg  

I wonder if I could just use double sided tape and secure that to the dash rather than screwing into the A pillar.
    PS that gauge is gorgeous!

Originally posted by aussieinstlouis
    another view
    04 WRX Black no options!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.