Center Mounted Tach...
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Center Mounted Tach... within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Does anybody know an EASY and inexpensive way to center mount the tach on model years prior to the 04. ...

Re-Addicted to WRX tacomaboy138's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX

Question Center Mounted Tach...

Does anybody know an EASY and inexpensive way to center mount the tach on model years prior to the 04. Or is this waaaaaay too difficult for what it is worth?
    2011 SWP WRX 4D
    07 MINI Cooper S... SOLD!
    03 WRX Wagon... SOLD!
    98 Toyota Tacoma...SOLD!

Jeremy Clarkson has my dream job.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Easy way: Buy an '04 gauge pod.

Cheap way: Swap faces on your speedo and tach and figure out which wires to switch to make them work properly.

Cheap AND easy way: Nil.

Deliberating enclaves of like-minded people are often a breeding ground for extreme movements - Cass Sunstein

I think they are more like ribbon cables than wires but the 'ribbons' are just thin plastic with copper leads in them so it would be near impossible to switch. That's how it is usually, i dunno about subaru.

Originally posted by djrez4
    Cheap way: Swap faces on your speedo and tach and figure out which wires to switch to make them work properly.
    I thought about doing that, so I opened up the gauge pod. It would be impossible to swap the gauges around. The gauges are mounted on one piece of plastic and there is one PCB for all the wires. Plus the tach is smaller than the speedo, so that would be another problem.

So I think the only way would be to buy an 04 cluster.
    2003 WRB Sedan. Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by scooby-x
    OMG!!! Do you want me on my knees or bent over? I love you

Re-Addicted to WRX tacomaboy138's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX

Thanks...

Thanks for all of the info guys... i'll look into gettin the 04 gauge pod to see if that works.. my guess is that it will be waaaay out of my price range though...
    2011 SWP WRX 4D
    07 MINI Cooper S... SOLD!
    03 WRX Wagon... SOLD!
    98 Toyota Tacoma...SOLD!

Jeremy Clarkson has my dream job.

About $4xx....There's an entire thread in here about it somewhere, including install procedure
    Deliberating enclaves of like-minded people are often a breeding ground for extreme movements - Cass Sunstein

Registered User Oo DaRk StAr oO's Avatar
    IVE BEEN AVATAR JACKED!!!!!
    BRS Autodesign | Sportmax Racing | Falken Tyres | Seibon | C2 Power
    http://www.socalspyders.com/gallery/files/1/sig.jpg
    2001 Toyota MR2-S | So Cal Spyders | Car Domain Site

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.