Turbo gauge overlay

This is a discussion on Turbo gauge overlay within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi, I got my 04 WRB sedan with the factory turbo gauge as I didn't want to mess with installing ...

Turbo gauge overlay

Hi,

I got my 04 WRB sedan with the factory turbo gauge as I didn't want to mess with installing my own.

My only gripe with it is MPA instead of PSi. I thought a good idea would be a vinyl overlay which goes ontop of the gauge, or a new underlay which goes under the needle.

A lot of UK import japanese cars (which are in km/h) use this technique to convert to mph.

Anyone think it's a good idea, or better yet, has anyone actually done this?

Thanks,

Lee

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I dont think it is a good idea, because standard measurments SUCK.

Other than that i think an overlay would work pretty well.

i thought i NEEDED a gauge that read in PSI, but soon realized that the units your gauge reads in dont matter... you quickly become familliar with what setting is ideal, what is too low, and what is too high. it doesnt matter if its 1.05 bar, .105 mpa, or 15.5 psi... they all work just the same.
    on the other hand, a lot of people have complained about the quality of the stock boost gauge (i never had one, so i dont know). if you are really dying for a change, i'd suggest looking into an aftermarket one to replace the stocker...
    o-|-<) bryan
    Last edited by Wrinkleboi; 06-23-2003 at 04:38 PM.

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com