7" sub under seat or 10" sub in trunk?

This is a discussion on 7" sub under seat or 10" sub in trunk? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I'm looking to add some bass to my stereo in the WRX. my last few cars have been hatchbacks so ...

7" sub under seat or 10" sub in trunk?

I'm looking to add some bass to my stereo in the WRX. my last few cars have been hatchbacks so a 8" powered tube was just the right amt of thump. however, sound is completely different in a trunk so i'm trying to get some input on which way to go. here are the 2 options i'm looking at:

1. Clarion SRV303 with 7" woofer, ported, 120W powered, will mount under passenger seat

2. Infinity Basslink with 10" woofer, passive radiator, 200W powered, mounted in trunk

i don't need or want tooth-rattling bass but i do want to hear and feel clear, clean lows and be able to do so at speed driving with the windows open.

thanks for any input guys...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

10" 10" 10" ~chants.
    ~Mark

Mods

Personally I would go with choice:

2. Infinity Basslink with 10" woofer, passive radiator, 200W powered, mounted in trunk.

I just had one installed this past weekend. It jumps up the sound of the stock stereo and gives ample bass. I looked at putting in a sub box and separate amp, but I'm 37 years old and I hate the sound of boom, boom, boom, boom, etc., etc., etc. I don't even know how you can hear the lyrics; let alone the screws falling out of the car.

I installed the volume control under the dash. Too lazy to be creative with it.

Its a perfect unit to boost the stock stereo output, without adding speakers and it makes a big difference in XM radio sound. Because, believe me it is not totally CD quality. But thats a different story.

For 265.00 bucks its a good deal.

I also agree with the 10" sub in the trunk. You could even put it in the spare tire well like lots of people have done (and posted) on this forum.
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

I'm all about the under seat sub
    Might help if you're taking a girl out on a date
    j/k
    I am partial to it , though, because I hate taking up trunk space/putting more weight in the rear.
    That's my .02~
    Scott
    www.thewrxstore.com
    T3/T4 Kits starting @ $2500.

630.510.8981- Voice
    630.510.9978- Fax

Originally posted by TheWRXstore
    .... I hate taking up trunk space/putting more weight in the rear.
    I understand trunk space, but adding more rear weight give you a better balanced car!
    Deliberating enclaves of like-minded people are often a breeding ground for extreme movements - Cass Sunstein

Originally posted by TheWRXstore
    I'm all about the under seat sub
    Might help if you're taking a girl out on a date
    haha. in that case he might as well have her sit on the trunk for a little bit (with a 10" sub booming).
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!