left window washer not working!

This is a discussion on left window washer not working! within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; my car is only about a month old and i tried using the squirter yesterday but only the left side ...

left window washer not working!

my car is only about a month old and i tried using the squirter yesterday but only the left side squirts out water. are the tubes clogged or something? if it's an easy fix, id rather not bring it to the dealer. thanks
    03 WRB WRX - 5/18/03

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ya got wax in your little squirter

Better than getting soap in it
    Take a toothpick and clena out the nozzles- if that doesn't do it, look for a kinked hose.

Re: left window washer not working!

Originally posted by ASpec818
    my car is only about a month old and i tried using the squirter yesterday but only the left side squirts out water. are the tubes clogged or something? if it's an easy fix, id rather not bring it to the dealer. thanks
    Funny you should have this problem, b/c I noticed the same thing yesterday. I've only had the car for a week and a half. I checked the hoses and they're fine. I haven't messed with it yes, but last time I had a problem with my truck, I did exactly what the two others posted. I broke out a needle, used the backside of it to unclog the nosel. I guess that's dangerous b/c you can poke a hole in the hose, but the chance of that is one in a million. Just use the backside of the needle OR a paperclip OR a toothpick.

If it turns out to be more than that, I'll post back and we'll see if it's a Subi defect, but more than likely it's just clogged.
    2004 Sedan Stage IV (w/ .5L envy) >>> Stripped & Sold!
    2007 Wagon Stock >>> Soon to be traded in for an 08 STI

the one on the driverside is closer to the resevouir so it gets water quicker.

Hold it down for a while and the water should eventually get to the passenger side one.

That's how it was on my car when it was new anyway.

or it could just be the wax

actually i meant the right side instead of the left. it's the passenger's side. i'm going to try to take off the tube to see if anything blows out. is there a specific way to do this? i don't wanna break anything. you can just use pliers to clamp the tubes off right?

also, is there any way to adjust the squirter? mine is spraying too high.
    03 WRB WRX - 5/18/03

Mine is the passenger side as well.

The nosel on my truck was squirting too high too. I stuck the back end of the needle into the nosel, and gentle pressed down on it. Worked like a charm. Of course, this was on a vehicle that's 14 years old, so I'm not sure if the same would apply here. I think if you just give it a close inspection, you'll think of something. Necessity is the mother of invention.

As for holding down the sprayer for a while, I did, didn't work. So I just need to get off my ass to mess with it. It's not something I remember to do b/c I it's rare to use.

Use a sewing needle. It will work wonders.....
    '12 WRB Sedan

Used a needle, all fixed. It was just clogged. Of course, my wiper blades are useless. Not sure what the heck they put on the car, but they're horrible. Oh well, $7 at Target will cure that.

Re-Addicted to WRX tacomaboy138's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by Kwyjibo
    the one on the driverside is closer to the resevouir so it gets water quicker.

Hold it down for a while and the water should eventually get to the passenger side one.

That's how it was on my car when it was new anyway.

or it could just be the wax
    I had the same problem with my 03 wagon... just holding the squirter down for about 10 seconds got the juice moving through the lines. The window washer on the passenger side functions on a sort of suction from the drivers side squirter...sort of like a gas syphon...if the water in the hose dries out then it takes a little while for the fluid to get there. Hope this helps.
    2011 SWP WRX 4D
    07 MINI Cooper S... SOLD!
    03 WRX Wagon... SOLD!
    98 Toyota Tacoma...SOLD!

Jeremy Clarkson has my dream job.