Alarm Upgrade question

This is a discussion on Alarm Upgrade question within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; The 2001 WRX in Australia came out with only the standard immobiliser installed. Subaru Australia are upgrading for free the ...

Question Alarm Upgrade question

The 2001 WRX in Australia came out with only the standard immobiliser installed. Subaru Australia are upgrading for free the system with the Keypad Immobiliser that is in the 2002 WRX.

The Alarm upgrade is normally aus$1100 and they are offering it with the immobiliser upgrade for $550.

How good is the factory alarm system?

What features does it have?

Thanks

Andrew

p.s. Well done to Subaru Australia for fitting the upgraded immobilisers for free to all 1998-2001 WRX's to help with insurance problems.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Flat04,

Do you want to know how much differene having the new alarm fitted to my 2002 WRX had on my premium?

ZIP, DIDDLY SQUAT, NADA, ZILCH, ZERO, NONE!!!!!

The fact that WRX's are hard to insure is not majorly because of theft its mainly because people with WRXs tend to be young people who drive like maniacs and have accidents.

I know 5 WRX owners personal friends. None of them are having getting premium reduced when they get the new alarm fitted. Various different insurers.

None of them have had their car attacked or stolen.

3 of them have made various insurance claims relating to at fault driving incidents

Ages vary from 24 to 32.

A few things most WRX drivers don't remember is:
    1. The WRX is not a rally car with just the numbers removed. Its a road car deal with it!

2. The WRX is a brake like a bastard, turn the corner at medium speed, then accelerate like a bastard and let the AWD do its thing. Its no a high corner speed car!

Cheers
    AntMan