Changing Speedometer Needles
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Changing Speedometer Needles within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I would like to change the orange needles on our speedometer from orange to red. Is this possible? Can I ...

Changing Speedometer Needles

I would like to change the orange needles on our speedometer from orange to red. Is this possible? Can I just buy the needles from the STi and swap them out? Has anyone done this to their rex?
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

bambams247
    What you can actually do, which is very easy is take the gauges off, and paint the orange needles red, put them back on, and reinstall the gauges. Just use a nice shiny red paint and it will look great! I dislike the orange needles as well. Got my gauges on order! ;-)

Originally posted by bambams247
    What you can actually do, which is very easy is take the gauges off, and paint the orange needles red, put them back on, and reinstall the gauges. Just use a nice shiny red paint and it will look great! I dislike the orange needles as well. Got my gauges on order! ;-)
    Thanks for the tip Have you seen it done before? I don't want it to look cheesy. What gauges do you have on order?
    Fahd

bambams247
    I got the EL GLOW gauges to mach my lunar series from autometer. They look great form what I heard. I am adding two gauges on the bezel cluster that goes ontop of the steering wheel, and then also purchasing a triple gauge pod for 3 more autometer gauges. All will be 52mm. I am hoping it will look good. I seen someone do the needles and the pictures looked great. He did a yellow primer and then two coats of red (yes he was crazy) and they were shiny and looked good.

Again, thanks for the tip I'll have to free up some time and see what I can do with that
    Fahd

I have heard when some people took off or messed with their needles that they did not work right. They would jump around erraticaly instead of going smoothly around the guages. Just what I have heard but I would look into finding people who have done it before hand.
    My woman hates the money pit
    2002 WRX Hybrid 2.5L 16G

Originally posted by Sunkist
    I have heard when some people took off or messed with their needles that they did not work right. They would jump around erraticaly instead of going smoothly around the guages. Just what I have heard but I would look into finding people who have done it before hand.
    Hmmm...I'm hoping that someone on here has done it before, but has not read this thread yet. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?
    Fahd

The thread you are talkign about mentioned that the needles didn't work properly. We figured out that the person had pushed them on too hard and they were sticking as they swept across the gauge face.
    Deliberating enclaves of like-minded people are often a breeding ground for extreme movements - Cass Sunstein

Whoa- guys do NOT remove the needles- very bad idea- if you want to paint them, get a thin paint brush, some masking tape and paint them on the guage.

agreed

im not sure if its the same on wrx's but we took the needles off my friends firebird and we had to take the gauges in to get recalibrated. Or maybe his car has always said 25 while going 40. oops.
    Couldn't afford a wrx just yet.... gonna wait for an sti

so for now im just driving around my slow 365hp vr4 (but with a pair of 13T turbos, sh@t could get interesting)

I've read numerous threads on this- don't remove the needles- just like don't cross the streams

This might be a little ricey but has anyone heard anything about these:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2419398283

or

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2419507281
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

Also I found this...don't know how well this applies to everyone:
    http://www.altimas.net/forum/showthr...indiglo+gauges
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

bambams247
    Ive seen peopel paint their needles and they have had no problems.

SERacing -- those things look great...thanks a bunch I'm thinking those would look really cool with some reverse indiglos
    Fahd

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.