Help me by recommending a shift light.

This is a discussion on Help me by recommending a shift light. within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I'm thinking of getting a shift light, but I don't want some big honkin' light on my dash- is there ...

Help me by recommending a shift light.

I'm thinking of getting a shift light, but I don't want some big honkin' light on my dash- is there a smaller, or more integrated one available? I've checked Jeg's and Summit Racing.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have the quick shift light from autometer (Summit - ATM-5331) and love it. You need to get the RPM activated switch which ties into your tach signal, and the pills of course. It is small, and I have it mounted right about where the stock boost gauge goes on the steering wheel pillar.

Hmm, I already have a column mounted boost guage- what are "pills"?

I did the same as this...
    Cheap Shift Light?
    works great....just doesn't allow much air through the vent anymore.

Just go to summit and put in the part number I gave you, it will also have a link to accessories for the shift light, click on it and it should all make sense. The pill determines at what rpm the light comes on at. The light and pill plug into the rpm activated switch. The light itsefl is about the size of a ball point pen.

bambams247
    I want to get one of these. Is there one that will fit into a 52mm gauge pod? As a third gauge in the gauge pod. That would look nice. Anyone know of one. ANd is there one with different colors. Where it would go green, then orange, then red when you shift? Green 1000rpm away from red, then orange 250-400rpm away from red light, and then red at 100rpm so you can shift. And how hard is it to wire one of these abd boys up? Let me know, if anyone can upload a manual. Thank you.