Shiftknobs!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Shiftknobs! within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Okay, before you guys flame me with the search feature, etc - I've been looking for a decent shiftknob comparison ...

Shiftknobs!

Okay, before you guys flame me with the search feature, etc - I've been looking for a decent shiftknob comparison - and I can't find diddly-squat. I'm already set on getting a kb ss w/bushings, now I just need to find the shiftknob which is "the one" for me, and the Oracle has provided me with the usual BS =). Ok, here are the nominees:
    Greddy shiftknob - ~$40
    Kartboy shiftknob ~30$ if I get it with kb combo
    Momo - $65
    Prodrive - $70

Any pics, reviews, or any other suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanx
    WHooOOSH

~ 555 ~

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I had the Momo Race Air leather. It looked great and felt good, but I got rid of it. The stupid center sticker kept coming off and I didn't like the fact that it didn't screw on like the stocker.

I chose a Razo - comes in plain black or white resin with a screw-in insert (no cheesy set screws to deal with). Not too hot in summer not too cold in winter! Might be too small diameter for some...
    Simple 'says' more.

Diver

bambams247
    I use the B&M one that came with my short shifter and its a nice piece. Its small and much lwoer then the stocker. I like it alot. it can get cold in the winter, not too hot in the summer. Very nice piece. Its nice aluminum I beleive, and looks good. Not flaming or anything. A+

I REALLY like the Prodrive one, but the price just keeps me from getting it, I would rather spend the $60 somewhere else on my car. I will get one eventually though, I like it too much not to.

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

I just got a Prodrive one, at first I wasn't too pleased with the fact that the Prodrive emblem was a sticker(I didn't realize it until I opened the box). But once I put it in, I just couldn't send it back.

haha mine's interesting...it's an ichibahn one with the little blue lights on the top...it's a fun novelty one and entertains my friends..the only problem is the little switch for the lights rattles in high revs..if i don't use that i use a momo..they're probably my favorite because you know they're not cheap even if the sticker falls off
    Float like a butterfly and sting like when I pee

Ike
    I've been lusting after the Prodrive, disappointed to hear it's just a sticker. Is it at least a puffy sticker, or maybe even scratch and sniff?

Prodrive: Once the sticker is on, you will never know it. Only drawback for me is that it really gets hot. I did though buy the black and am not currently running any tint. Perfect fit.

J
    Electronic music??? www.the1050mix.com

I would have to agree, it is a perfect fit.

STi Shifter?

Does anyone have the STi shifter (titanium) that Subaru offers? I've seen it at the parts display case at my local dealer, and still can't figure out why it costs about $150. I like the look of it, but can't justify that price. (I'd rather put that towards the exhaust I'm after.)

Anyone have it? Is it really worth that much?

The silver "piston" one? I hear you need flat palms to like that one. I thought I remember some people saying that it's not very comfortable, but I don't know.
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

The prodrive and momo knobs have to be a sticker to get the emblem to line up.. the threads are a little different on everyones linkage

it still seems that they could have come up with something a little better than a sticker. I had a B&M short throw on a Contour SVT and the center of the knob was a machined round piece of aluminum held in place by an o-ring. If you took the knob off, you just popped the center out before you put it back on and it would line up.

Originally posted by mizar
    The prodrive and momo knobs have to be a sticker to get the emblem to line up.. the threads are a little different on everyones linkage
    MOMO knobs don't "twist on" so they don't use threads... They are held in place by set screws so there is no need to "align the logo" after you put it on because you align it when you put it on then tighten the set screws.

I have a nylon MOMO knob adapter I got from a NASIOC member on my MOMO/Kartboy/STi setup and it fits tight and has never had ANY problems!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast