2004 Turbo Gauge Swap

This is a discussion on 2004 Turbo Gauge Swap within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; The 2003 model has white nuimbers and a yellow needle that glow green and orange, respectively, when the lights are ...

2004 Turbo Gauge Swap

The 2003 model has white nuimbers and a yellow needle that glow green and orange, respectively, when the lights are on.

The 2004 model has white numbers and a RED needle that glow green and red, repectivelym when the lights are on.

I had posted earlier and got some help from RogersWRX on the swap and a brand to get that matches the factory gauges. Factory Turbo Gauge or Aftermarket Thing is, the Omori gauge we talked about matches the 2003, not the 2004.

Anyone know of a 42mm to 45mm, Mechanical Turbo Gauge that reads in PSI, has a black face, white numbers, red needle and glows with green numbers and a red needle at night???

Easier to write it like this I guess:

Type: Mechanical Turbo Gauge
    Size: 42mm to 45mm
    Measurements: PSI
    Face: Black
    Numbers: White (Glows green with lights on)
    Needle: Red (Glows red with lights on)

PS. Forgot to say that I want to get a new gauge to swap out with the factory gauge. Hence the size and type. Thanks.
    2004 Sedan Stage IV (w/ .5L envy) >>> Stripped & Sold!
    2007 Wagon Stock >>> Soon to be traded in for an 08 STI

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good lord thats picky, best of luck finding it, I can't think of any.

Well, the light color is not an issue as gauges just have white lights with little colored condom looking things over them to cahnge the color. The needle on the other will be difficult. The ony company that makes gauges in the size is Omori I believe. I remember a lot of buzz around them when the car came out because people were looking for gauges to replace the stock ones and those were the only ones available. Try a search, I am sure some of those old thread are still around.

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

tan

Hey, I was right.

-joe <--good memory sometimes
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

hang on a second...

i just went to make sure - my turbo gauge is NOT lit up in green - it's lit up in white, with the aforementioned red needle. IMHO, if you're going to go through all the trouble to match the gauges, you might as well get a gauge of some quality. just my $.02
    s e t h
    "If you're going to live on the cutting edge, you'd better be prepared to bleed a little."
    Stink-Eye Mob #73, Hawkeye Alliance #667

Limehatless Avatar - I'm a trend scoffer.
    Actually, the stock 2003 turbo gauge had white sidelit letters and a red/orange needle that did not have any lighting. It was lit like an Autometer cheapy gauge.

I have an Omori that nearly matches the stock gauging (Green backlit, yellow clear needle) but I don't know if the needle lighting can be changed.

Vostok 7
    BUGEYE 4 LYFE! Or uh maybe not

RIP Team Intrinsic Viva la Project 1! http://www.prjct1.com/

2003 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 4EAT Aspen White "Akane"
    Mod List, Picts

2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi Sedan Aspen White "Akane II"

Originally posted by Shard
    Good lord thats picky, best of luck finding it, I can't think of any.
    Shard: I know it's picky, but I'm not the only one (not sure if that makes it any better ) I figure if I'm going to swap out the gauge with one that reads PSI and replaces the existing gauge, why not get one with the same look. As someone else had stated on a previous thread... "That Lamco gauge looks great! Its small, hard to read, has a non-matching needle and back light, and comes in a measurement nobody uses!!!

Vostok7: Omori makes a 45mm Mech Boost Gauge that is almost exact to the 2003 factory look. Black face, white numbers (green backlight), yellow needle (orange backlight).

tan: Thanks for the links. I actually had surfed that site already, it's included in the thread that I originally posted. Regardless, thanks for looking for me.

For anyone else interested in the swap, directions (with pics) are availably at: http://www.j-spectuning.com/45mm_column.pdf

Sweet! I was looking for this info the other day. If the non-autometer gauge surround that houses 2 standard size gauges doesn't materialize, I'll be looking back to this. My biggest disappointment is that they (Subaru) couldn't even take the effort to put a green condom on the stinkin bulb. Now I've got this cluster that I really like the look of, and this white thing with a non lit needle in front of it. :shrug:
    '04 JBP Wagon 5MT

My biggest problem is that it reads in Mega Pascals. Last time I checked, this is America and PSI is the standard. Really friggin' annoying. I honestly think I'd live with it if it was in PSI. I just hate to have to convert in my head. Besides, in PSI, it gives you smaller increments.

Thanks to RogersWRX, I have found what I'm looking for @:

http://www.j-spectuning.com/omori_rg.htm

Thanks to all that helped.