My Elite Valentine 1 Install... pics.. - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on My Elite Valentine 1 Install... pics.. within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i installed mine with the conclealed display, it looks sweet, i like it alot, I would sya it is the ...

bambams247
    i installed mine with the conclealed display, it looks sweet, i like it alot, I would sya it is the best radar detector on the market.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by ryland
    I popped out the dome light and found the harness for the electrochromatic mirror (blue plug, wrapped up in tape tucked into roof)

Then I used the included wire splice and spliced the V1 power wire (red) to the yellow wire on the blue plug. I took out one of the screws that goes into the roof, and put the ground terminal thing on there, and put the screw back on. I then proceded to stuff all of the excess wires and the phone jack thing into the roof liner. Then I snapped the dome light back in, and it's worked PERFECTLY ever since!

Thanks for the info.

How much would the strip of tint and how high up it's mounted effect functionality?

Not much at all. I used my friend's V1 along with mine to test. I mounted my friends in the middle of the windshield, about 75% of the way up and left mine where it was (see pics in link above). They both went off at the same time when encountering false signals and when picking up cops.

bambams247
    I just finished my install, looks amazing, I will be posting pics soon. YAY!

bambams247

CHECK OUT MY INSTALL!

Check out my install pics:

Valentine One remote display

Too bad you don't have a turbo, you'll never need the Valentine 1.

Just playin'

Looks great.
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

I know its super old - but .I'm wondering I thought its better to have the radar below the mirror even though id rather have ot where you do for sneeks sake

I Support ClubWRX
    I have mine below the mirror Ultimount for your radar detector

T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SleepyWRX
    I know its super old - but .I'm wondering I thought its better to have the radar below the mirror even though id rather have ot where you do for sneeks sake
    For radar, you want the unit mounted as high as possible. For laser, you want the unit mounted as low as possible. Since you buy a detector more for radar performance, mount it as high as you can. Mine is above the mirror.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.