Gauges under aftermarket cd receiver

This is a discussion on Gauges under aftermarket cd receiver within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I remember seeing this somewhere. The gauges angle towards the driver and you could put 3 in there. Anyone has ...

Gauges under aftermarket cd receiver

I remember seeing this somewhere. The gauges angle towards the driver and you could put 3 in there. Anyone has this or know of a website to purchase and get more info on it.
    --Tony

2002.5 Mazda Protege5
    1997 Mazda Miata STO Edition #774-1500 (Sold)
    2003 WRX Silver Sedan
    -STi Grill
    -STi Projectors
    -Aust Spec 17' wheels

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I want to put my gauges either under or above my after market cd player, but I was worried about how easy they would be to read.. this may be my answer if anyone knows where to find them?

^bump^

I had forgot I even posted this but I remeber seeing what was basically a din sized plate with three openings for gauges with them angled towards the driver. If I can't find it a my make it up myself I figure a small piece of aluminum would hold up three gauges just fine although mine would have to sit flush and not at an angle. I will post back if I find anything.
    --Tony

2002.5 Mazda Protege5
    2003 WRX Silver Sedan
    -STi Grill
    -STi Projectors
    -Aust Spec 17' wheels

Here is a flat 3 gauge Din sized panel http://www.egauges.com/vdo_acce.asp?...eric_DIN&Cart=

I remember seeing the angled one too and I'll try and track it down

EDIT: Omori makes flat and angled 3 gauge Din panels for 45mm and 52mm gauges.

http://www.omori-na.com/catalog/acce...ccessories.htm
    Last edited by bdoug; 07-19-2003 at 01:52 PM.
    THE INTERNET: Where men are men, women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Anybody nowhere I could get these I emailed them and got an auto response saying their Japan counterpart crapped out on them and they are seeking legal action. Oh well I guess I will continue my search elsewhere.
    --Tony

2002.5 Mazda Protege5
    2003 WRX Silver Sedan
    -STi Grill
    -STi Projectors
    -Aust Spec 17' wheels

I had already seen the flat ones, but that would make the gauges difficult to read.. the angled ones sound like a good deal. I would make some myself, but it would be really hard to make it look good. I want it to look like it belongs there.

www.j-spectuning.com

Try these guys. They have the DIN panel for both 45 and 52 mm listed on their site.

Originally posted by Xwing
    www.j-spectuning.com

Try these guys. They have the DIN panel for both 45 and 52 mm listed on their site.
    Where at? All I see on their site is shifter trim, pedals, a gauge, and Wastegate Solenoid Cover

Gauges??? There's no room to put gauges there, not with my Garmin GPS V anyway. This is what it looked like in the Miata. It looks pretty much identical in the WRX,

Last edited by retrodog; 07-30-2003 at 09:25 AM.
    Mmmmm Kitty,,, the other red meat.

Please note: no cats were harmed in any way during the making of this post. But there is always later.

Who would want GPS when you can have gauges? When I'm driving I know where I'm going, that's a simple sense of dirrection, I do not however have a sense of exhaust temperature or a sense of boost presure .

Originally posted by MainFrame
    Who would want GPS when you can have gauges? When I'm driving I know where I'm going, that's a simple sense of dirrection, I do not however have a sense of exhaust temperature or a sense of boost presure .
    Well since you obviously don't leave your little neighborhood, you probably don't need a GPS in the car. But since my WRX has AWD (just like my 4x4) and since I actually go to some back roads areas, and since I sometimes go where I've never been before,,, I find a GPS a very handy add-on. But hey, if you're happy driving to and from Blockbuster in yours, no problem.

But seriously, I think the three gauge thing looks pretty cool and it's a great place for it.

Please note: no cats were harmed in any way during the making of this post. But there is always later.

Originally posted by retrodog
    Well since you obviously don't leave your little neighborhood, you probably don't need a GPS in the car. But since my WRX has AWD (just like my 4x4) and since I actually go to some back roads areas, and since I sometimes go where I've never been before,,, I find a GPS a very handy add-on. But hey, if you're happy driving to and from Blockbuster in yours, no problem.
    Whoa, don't flame me man.. before I turned 14 I had been through 32 of the 48 contiguous states in a car, not flying over.

When I first got my car I drove it to Virginia, all around North Carolina and back, and I didn't need GPS to find my way.

I find driving long distances, such as from Dallas to Chicago or Los Angeles much easier to find your way than short distances around town. And, when you're going to someone's house in a far away city they usually give dirrections how to get there once you're in the right general location. I bet I could get in my car right now and find my way to just about any major city in the US without any type of assistance. I fail to see how obvious it is that I don't leave my "little neighborhood"... I may only be 20 years old, but I've been to four different countries and most of the United States.

I was just saying that there's many mods I would spend what little money I have on before something like GPS. No matter how lost I get, I'll find my way. (When I was 16 I spent upwards of an hour driving around Abilene trying to find my way back to the interstate, GPS would have helped, but I didn't come close to burning $359.87 worth of gas; the cost of Garmin GPS V).

BTW, there's no Blockbuster here.. and I don't know how to get to one.

I don't want to get angry or anything, it's just so fun to vent online
    Last edited by MainFrame; 07-31-2003 at 11:48 PM.

Originally posted by MainFrame
    Whoa, don't flame me man.. before I turned 14 I had been through 32 of the 48 contiguous states in a car, not flying over.

When I first got my car I drove it to Virginia, all around North Carolina and back, and I didn't need GPS to find my way.

I find driving long distances, such as from Dallas to Chicago or Los Angeles much easier to find your way than short distances around town. And, when you're going to someone's house in a far away city they usually give dirrections how to get there once you're in the right general location. I bet I could get in my car right now and find my way to just about any major city in the US without any type of assistance. I fail to see how obvious it is that I don't leave my "little neighborhood"... I may only be 20 years old, but I've been to four different countries and most of the United States.

I was just saying that there's many mods I would spend what little money I have on before something like GPS. No matter how lost I get, I'll find my way. (When I was 16 I spent upwards of an hour driving around Abilene trying to find my way back to the interstate, GPS would have helped, but I didn't come close to burning $359.87 worth of gas; the cost of Garmin GPS V).

BTW, there's no Blockbuster here.. and I don't know how to get to one.

I don't want to get angry or anything, it's just so fun to vent online
    Hey, wasn't trying to flame you. Just yanking your chain a little. I'm one of those darn engineering types who is too fascinated with parameters related to time and geographical layout. Plus I do spend an occasional amount of time running around sight-seeing. My part of Texas is along the coast and everything curves around all over the place, too easy to lose track of what direction you are going sometimes. I actually think the guage package in the DIN spot is a great idea. Just a priority thing. I'd personally prefer having the normal ones up there where the clock is at but oh well...